All-Star Creative Jump Sequences

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 5, 2010
One of the things that make me most sad about our sport these days is that we no longer have creative jump sequences. What ever happened to jump sequences that were more than just four/five jumps to a tuck and thats it. I miss the visual effect of level changes that included motions, shushunovas, creative jump exits and things of the sort. Am I the only one who misses this? I can't be the only one who doesn't really like just seeing some jump tuck combination and moving on. It's handicapping the creativity of our routines.

When I say creative and long jump sequences I mean ones like this:

One of the things that make me most sad about our sport these days is that we no longer have creative jump sequences. What ever happened to jump sequences that were more than just four/five jumps to a tuck and thats it. I miss the visual effect of level changes that included motions, shushunovas, creative jump exits and things of the sort. Am I the only one who misses this? I can't be the only one who doesn't really like just seeing some jump tuck combination and moving on. It's handicapping the creativity of our routines.

Well those were entertaining .. I had to watch the jump section twice because I was to busy yelling at ole girl to sit down just like everyone else! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol I was going to ask what video to watch. You must have added the video while I was replying.

What happened? Present day score sheets happened. Creativity (especially in sections as small as jumps) takes a back seat when you're only allocated 2 minutes and 30 seconds to maximise every part of the score sheet. To put it simply - it's not worth the precious counts.

You're definitely not the only one that misses them, I miss the "brain-banging" (reference to I.aM.mE dance crew) effects as well. Here are a couple of my favourites.:
Top Gun Allstars - Large Coed (2004-2005) @1:30

Top Gun Allstars - Large Coed (2005-2006) @1:25

ACE Allstars - Warriors (2005-2006) @1:25

Maryland Twisters - F5 (2006-2007) @1:25

Yeah - I suspected it was related to the score sheet like the above poster said. Like everyone is trying to show a list of required elements as quickly as possible and get it across very clearly how many of their athletes can do them.

Many say the same thing has happened in gymnastics where the new way of scoring took away a lot of the creativity and artistry in that sport in exchange for a bunch of difficult tumbling moves just to get the max points.

I will say that I'd still rather have a little less creativity if it means there will be consistent and objective scoring. After spending time in comp dance where it is a creative free for all w/ no required skill elements, no deductions, no leveling, etc. it is nice to have some predicatability and a sense of knowing that what the result will be when comparing different routines - it makes cheerleading more of a legitimate sport because of it.

Well those were entertaining .. I had to watch the jump section twice because I was to busy yelling at ole girl to sit down just like everyone else! lol

and what was up with the guy hanging the sign? why did he meed to do it during a routine?-lol! If you area big enough fan to hang signs at a comp, you should have the respect and knowledge to know when it is acceptable!

Our lower levels still do fun jump sections. It's when you get into level 3 and up, the time you have to play with choreography gets tighter and tighter.

Miss these so much. They fell by the wayside when everyone started pushing for longer stunts. Got to cut time where you can and now it's all about fulfilling the requirement and moving on.

Back