Creative Way To Twist Into A Half Heel Stretch?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 24, 2014
Hey everyone!

I'm looking to up the difficulty of my level two team's stunt sequence, and all attempts at a "hard" 180 twist have failed miserably. They can load into a half and full using the two leg approach (but this is really too easy compared to the rest of their stunts and their local competitors). Twisting into a heel stretch on one leg is starting to hit, but I really do not think it will be ready and clean for our next competition in one month.

As an alternate way to add creativity AND the twist to our routine, we were trying to do the twist load this team does starting at 1:15.

However, for some reason, they cannot get the pop to the Swedish fall. They can get the twist from that style load though. I think that it must have something to do with the flyer holding the arms and being able to push off?

I'm really at a loss as for what to do. I'm not sure why this is such a weakness for the team considering it is really the only area of the score sheet we are not hitting. But I guess every team as their weakness :rolleyes:, so we are going to have to work around it.

I was wondering if anyone had creative ideas for how to make a two legged 180 look harder or more interesting? Or if anyone knows any alternate way we can make this one leg twist work? We need this to be interesting, because our rivals (that beat us last competition) have a very clean routine that's lacking a lot of interesting choreography. We are trying to bring a little creativity and flair while cleaning up the stunts that we got hit for. We really need to keep this sharp, but also mask the fact that we are having a hard time with it.

If it makes a difference, they are going into this stunt sequence right out of their first opening pyramid. We had them cradling out of the pyramid and immediately trying to pop into the load in the video above. However, I am definitely willing to shift some things around. :)

We have three stunt groups and have the option to throw in front spots (they have been tumbling for this sequence but I am willing to put them in).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am open to any and all ideas! :D

I know this is not what you asked but do you happen to know what team/gym that is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back