All-Star Crossovers Just To Get Paid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ethics are a matter of opinion. Is it ok for 70% of a level 4 team to be made up of level 5 athletes just to win all season? Is it ok for a level 1 team to have 100% of their athletes able to stunt and tumble with level 4 skills just win all season? Go outside of cheerleading. Is it ok for a coach to use half of his Varsity starting line up to win a JV game? Some will say it is fine because it is not against the rules. Some will say it is unethical. Personally speaking, this is a competitive sport, which means you use every competitive advantage you can get within the rules to win. I can't see any of it being unethical if it is within the rules, but I 100% feel the rules are unfair.
Just an FYI starting varsity players are not allowed to play on JV. At least not in our town. And most football coaches don't want to take the chance of hurting their starters in a JV game that doesn't matter.

I wouldn't mind my CP crossing one level as she does now, but honestly if she was a solid level 5 I would not want to pay for her to cross to a 2 or even if she was a solid 4 and cross to a 1.... this sport is $$$$ I'd prefer to keep her on a team where her skills are.... Also, being a football mom ad well that is not allowed, you can't play even half of a varsity game and then all of a jv game... you are allowed to get a few plays maybe 5 or so and still play JV, this is done for the exact opposite reason of what you are saying and to keep it fair ;)
Agreed as a football mom myself, my starting varsity player was not allowed to play JV per the league rules. And I went to most of the JV games since my freshman player occasionally got some playing time up on JV. Only a few varsity players came down to play JV because they didn't start on varsity and the coach was trying to get them some playing time. Our coaches would NEVER jeopardize getting their precious starters hurt in a JV game that counts for nothing...lol

I've heard of instances where gyms have taken athletes from their Worlds team and kept them in Florida to perform with their Level 2 team at Summit.
Tina you can rate this as gossip. Maybe I should have said "I know of instances...." rather than "I've heard of instances....". I was trying to treat the subject more delicately and keep from calling out specific gym names. But, this is factual, not gossip.

Please tell me this is a joke right.....I'm sorry but I hope that one day when my cp is able to compete on a worlds team will feel the same way I do....is it really winning when you are comparing apples and oranges, and don't these parents want our young ones to look up to these amazing cheerleaders on these world's team and not have them compete against them lol how could one even feel good about themself, oh yeah we won the Summit I showed that 7 yr old how its supposed to be done lmao what a joke
Sad to say it happens.

Agreed as a football mom myself, my starting varsity player was not allowed to play JV per the league rules. And I went to most of the JV games since my freshman player occasionally got some playing time up on JV. Only a few varsity players came down to play JV because they didn't start on varsity and the coach was trying to get them some playing time. Our coaches would NEVER jeopardize getting their precious starters hurt in a JV game that counts for nothing...lol
Pretty much same here, my son was Lucky enough to get playing time as a freshman because of the starting QBS attitude my son started after a few games, he hasn't been able to play any JV or FResh, it all worked out but I do know where we live kids can play a limited amount of plays on Varsity and still play JV.... our coach doesn't really do it and in all honestly it doesn't make sense to risk one of them getting hurt jmo, ;)

Last edited:
Very sad.....do you think this is perhaps a reason some don't take cheer serious or consider it asport, just curious
Quite possibly. I'm hopeful that the cheer brains will one day see that this needs to change for cheer to regain credibility as a sport. Call me an eternal optimist.

Very sad.....do you think this is perhaps a reason some don't take cheer serious or consider it asport, just curious
More likely the reasons include not understanding the difference between sideline and competitive cheer, the ridiculous costumes (I refuse to call some of these disasters uniforms), and some of the hair and makeup requirements. I used to be driving the "cheer is a sport" bandwagon, but as the years have gone by and I realize what that distinction could mean for the sport, I've realized that I'm fine with the acknowledgment that these kids are athletic. They can keep the title of "sport".

Back