All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Another interesting item to factor in:

The amount of money spent cumulatively on privates and classes to GET the skills to MAKE A WORLDS TEAM.

Ex: Has anyone ever calculated how much $$$ in privates was spent to get their child to a full? Or to get from BHS to tuck to layout to full?

Is that too traumatic for folks?
Lucky, didn't do many private lessons. Phew.

*My tolerance for stupidity is steadily dwindling**

Let's throw out numbers to guess, and see if anyone can confirm.

My guess is 5K-7K. 1-3 uniforms, custom warmups, travelling 3-5 times for comps, blingy practice wear, matching outerwear, tuition, privates, jump classes....
Pretty accurate, but not on a Worlds team.

Last edited:

The amount of money spent cumulatively on privates and classes to GET the skills to MAKE A WORLDS TEAM.

Ex: Has anyone ever calculated how much $$$ in privates was spent to get their child to a full? Or to get from BHS to tuck to layout to full?

My mom paid cash so she could never fully add it up. She said she did that for her own sanity.

*lalalalalala* not listening to you

That cost is a whole lot more for some of us than others. Her BHS was a very expensive skill to acquire. The rest, not as much. She has more to go but broke her back and had to take a break. Which brings up medical costs. Add
another $2,000-$4000 this year alone.

That cost is a whole lot more for some of us than others. Her BHS was a very expensive skill to acquire. The rest, not as much. She has more to go but broke her back and had to take a break. Which brings up medical costs. Add
another $2,000-$4000 this year alone.
Yes, the medical costs! Thank goodness our family out of pocket max wasn't too out there...or we would be living in a box thanks to cheer related medical bills.

Thankfully we never had to do privates and honestly I don't think i ever would. Would i enroll her in a clinic - yes; Would she participate in open gyms - yes. She was a gymrat and loved to tumble.

Yes, the medical costs! Thank goodness our family out of pocket max wasn't too out there...or we would be living in a box thanks to cheer related medical bills.
Surprisingly enough for me the medical bills were the least of our worries. I broke both my arms and had two separate surgeries and insurance covered everything except our two emergency room copays of $50. I've been to urgent care a few other times (probably 4-5) and have an ankle brace (approx $40) but that's pretty much it for medical expenses... Guess I got lucky!
Now hair supplies and makeup on the other hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or how about when the kid emails the coach to introduce themselves and ask a few questions and gets no response... :confused: (this happened with 2 out of 3 colleges) I guess some teams have so many kids to choose from they don't need to bother with common courtesy. It has been a process that is beyond frustrating.

Email is a horrible way to communicate honestly. So much gets sent to spam. I'd rather them text me or reach out on facebook. So much more guaranteed to get seen.

So, what ya'll are really saying, is that if my CP sticks with this sport until she ages out as a senior---excluding any super senior or super, super senior year because of her birthday, I will have spent enough money to build a house and pay for her entire 4 years at college?

I think I need to stop checking in on this thread :eek:

So, what ya'll are really saying, is that if my CP sticks with this sport until she ages out as a senior---excluding any super senior or super, super senior year because of her birthday, I will have spent enough money to build a house and pay for her entire 4 years at college?

I think I need to stop checking in on this thread :eek:
No we are saying you could own a country!

Totally missed this reply and it does raise some questions for me...

Are you saying you only consider SOT to be viable competition within tx for Stars?

Sounds like you devalue a program of they don't attend large competitions so does that reflect only on large programs or are the small gyms that don't or can't travel much included?

Lastly, does a program without a worlds team get to claim to be the best if they are not represented in the top levels of all star cheer?

*My tolerance for stupidity is steadily dwindling**
No I know you like to pick apart things so I'll answer. No spirit isn't our only competition it was an example I used for you earlier. Woodlands elite, Allstar Revolution, prodigy and even pinnacle a small gym around the corner all have great lower level teams that could hold a match to us any day of the week.. So no unfortunately I don't think we are better than all of them. Thanks for reading into that response.

I don't devalue a program if they don't attend big competitions. I would not be happy if Vipers didn't attend big comps. But if you don't want to go to big comps than that's on you. I don't think any less of you and I don't really care because I wouldn't be attending your gym..

No I don't think a program without a worlds team gets to claim they are the best of the best. I also don't think a program with a worlds team who has terrible lower levels should be able to claim they are the best of the best.

Hope I answered your questions..

And yes i generally do think Vipers are the greatest thing since sliced bread but I would just come out and say it if all the stuff that you THOUGHT I was implying ... If I was actually implying it. I wouldn't beat around the bush. Thanks for reading my reply though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont remember allstar cheerleading being as much back when i did as it is now, thank god or my parents would have never let me do it. lol. then again we didnt have all these specialty comps like majors, CL, etc.
i could see CEA still doing majors, UCA and worlds along with some local comps.

Latest posts

Back