All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't remember seeing anything about senior elite going to the majors, maybe I missed it.
I thought the travel ban meant all CEA teams not just kville
3cacb788c163d05a104b4113ab4c97a8.jpg

I thought someone had said that the gyms Kelly was in charge of might not be doing the driving distances only but I might have read it wrong.

But she posted on FaceBook that she was done with Stay to Play. That means not only staying within driving distance but also refusing to attend comps where an overnight stay is required. Are all the comps around y'all not doing the STP requirement?

Do you have the post about being done with stay to play. I thought I saw something about that, but now can't find it. Majors isn't stay to play.

I don't remember seeing anything about senior elite going to the majors, maybe I missed it.
I thought the travel ban meant all CEA teams not just kville

Courtney only controls the travel schedule for her gyms! Raleigh does their own travel schedule and that might make other decisions. Senior Elite will go to Majors and it's an 8 hour drive.

@mstealtoyou - Is MAJORS Stay to Play? Jamfest Indy is Stay to Play, so I guess I assumed MAJORS was as well.

@mstealtoyou - Is MAJORS Stay to Play? Jamfest Indy is Stay to Play, so I guess I assumed MAJORS was as well.

If I got it wrong about Majors not being stay to play I apologize. When I googled/searched I didn't see anything connecting it to stay to play.

Courtney only controls the travel schedule for her gyms! Raleigh does their own travel schedule and that might make other decisions. Senior Elite will go to Majors and it's an 8 hour drive.
im gonna go out on a limb and say they are going to worlds as well in the long run. do they plan on driving all the way down here as well?
as crazy as it is, why do i get the feeling NCA will be the only competition they might skip... has anything been said yet about dallas.

im gonna go out on a limb and say they are going to worlds as well in the long run. do they plan on driving all the way down here as well?
as crazy as it is, why do i get the feeling NCA will be the only competition they might skip... has anything been said yet about dallas.

It was addressed earlier in the thread that they considered World's driving distance.

From my personal experience while at CEA, driving 8-9 hours was not looked at as a big deal. A lot of families carpooled sharing the cost of gas. Both Indy and Disney fall into that time frame. Of course some chose to fly but alot made the drive and didn't think twice.

It's actually interesting to see how americans consider an 8 hour drive a drivable distance.
Is that a lot? My family drives everywhere for vacations/trips. If it's under 15 hours we are definitely driving as that can easily be done in one day. Higher than that depends on how long our trip is. I wouldn't drive more than like 10 hours for just a weekend though if it was only me going. With the whole family though I absolutely would, it would be a lot cheaper that way.

It's actually interesting to see how americans consider an 8 hour drive a drivable distance.

Not American, but I consider 8 hours very drivable as long as I'm not alone. When I was a kid we always drove everywhere (three kids, so train/plane would have been pretty expensive). I even had a class trip to Italy that was a 20 hour drive (that was very very long and I wouldn't do it now that I'm not a 7th grader anymore). If alone, train might be cheaper most of the time, but two people or more is usually much cheaper by car, so that makes long distances more acceptable (and you can bring almost everything you want with you which is nice too).

Back