All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love NCA so I'm in no way bashing it, but WHEN did NCA become a requirement? Yes NCA has always been a big competition, but until just a few years ago it wasn't this competition that you had to go to or all of your high level kids would leave. Working at a gym that was constantly given the pressure to go to NCA because the other local gyms go and kids will jump ship really opened my eyes to it. I commend her as an owner for saying enough. There is a lot of pressure from the parents to do all of these big comps and then there you have to deal with complaints that its so much money. You can't have your cake and eat it too. The biggest thing is longevity. Yes parents may be on board this year and maybe next, but a lot of families can't afford 4-12 years of a $5000+ a year sport for ONE child. It's getting ridiculous and I'm thrilled to see a big gym put a halt on it. There is plenty of good competition in driving distance for this region and the need to fly across the county isn't something you have to do when you can see the majority of those teams a lot closer to home.
$5000/year?? I wish!! I pay $4750 for CP's tuition and fly out of state five times. I spend almost triple that in one year!!

School attendance can be best addressed internally. My CPs are well under half their school absences from last season (NCA was actually the first competition that required missed school for us with Indy and CHEERSPORT on holiday weekends) but the biggest impact is that our new gym doesn't practice at the venue the day/night before. That has saved us a lot of school attendance. That's what racked up a lot of days for us last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is a BIG step. It's especially going to be a big adjustment, I think, for the younger kids on competitive teams for whom NCA might be the main event of their season. Youth and Jr Elite have historically done so well there.

It does make sense, though, that CSP might be a bit disillusioned with Dallas. Her senior teams have had a weirdly unlucky time there the past few season, and the placements of SE and SSX this year (along with the generally subpar organization and cleanliness that people have complained about) might have been the last straw.

Coming from a program that did not attend NCA regularly, nor many other big comps, Ive seen many parents and kids whine about wanting to attend those comps. After years and years of having done it, I'm sure some teal parents will be ecstatic about this.
Thank goodness some large gym owner recognizes the STP racket for what it is!!

I think this is a BIG step. It's especially going to be a big adjustment, I think, for the younger kids on competitive teams for whom NCA might be the main event of their season. Youth and Jr Elite have historically done so well there.

It does make sense, though, that CSP might be a bit disillusioned with Dallas. Her senior teams have had a weirdly unlucky time there the past few season, and the placements of SE and SSX this year (along with the generally subpar organization and cleanliness that people have complained about) might have been the last straw.
Still confused as to how people think those placements are wrong, but that's not important. Good for her for stepping up.

Coming from a program that did not attend NCA regularly, nor many other big comps, Ive seen many parents and kids whine about wanting to attend those comps. After years and years of having done it, I'm sure some teal parents will be ecstatic about this.
Thank goodness some large gym owner recognizes the STP racket for what it is!!

She usually takes YE/ SE/ Coed and LE from Kernersville. With this year's youth senior class, I think only 2 kids will have NcA jackets on next years YE. CP has won CheerSport, UCA and Summit. She wants that NCA jacket- bad. Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

CP is also excited that YE is tied with Stingrays for triple crown. Whomever places best at UCA wins for Y5. And without NCA, no triple crown.

These are just things cp mentioned to me when I asked about not going to NCA. It is going to be an interesting tryout season for sure.

Still confused as to how people think those placements are wrong, but that's not important. Good for her for stepping up.
I'm of the school that believes you should have to hit to win, and I think CSP is too. SE's deduction for a technicality that hasn't been an issue all season (and when they hit both days) really sucked, and I still can't believe that SSX didn't place at least above Lady Bullets.

So I can definitely see why she's not the biggest NCA fan right now...

She usually takes YE/ SE/ Coed and LE from Kernersville. With this year's youth senior class, I think only 2 kids will have NcA jackets on next years YE. CP has won CheerSport, UCA and Summit. She wants that NCA jacket- bad. Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

CP is also excited that YE is tied with Stingrays for triple crown. Whomever places best at UCA wins for Y5. And without NCA, no triple crown.

These are just things cp mentioned to me when I asked about not going to NCA. It is going to be an interesting tryout season for sure.

Makes me wonder, if kids at her level decided to cheer elsewhere (totally hypothetical, I'm sure this is probably not a total deal-breaker for you or anyone else) at what level exactly would she/they cheer? There are so few Y5 teams. I guess depending on age and all-around skills, someone's J5 or even a L4 of some sort (I don't know how many are even close to senior eligible?)

Last edited:
I'm of the school that believes you should have to hit to win, and I think CSP is too. SE's deduction for a technicality that hasn't been an issue all season (and when they hit both days) really sucked, and I still can't believe that SSX didn't place at least above Lady Bullets.

So I can definitely see why she's not the biggest NCA fan right now...
I don't agree, but I get it. I believe the better routine should win, difficulty and execution wise, which IMO, it did.
It's kinda funny because I bet she didn't feel that way when her team won Worlds with a stunt fall lol. Same deal for me, I believe the better routine won that day as well, even though it didn't hit.

I don't agree, but I get it. I believe the better routine should win, difficulty and execution wise, which IMO, it did.
It's kinda funny because I bet she didn't feel that way when her team won Worlds with a stunt fall lol. Same deal for me, I believe the better routine won that day as well, even though it didn't hit.
Agree to disagree :) I much prefer SE's routine this year to Panthers'.

Real question: how do kids at large, well known programs and esp on well known level 5 teams that compete across the country every weekend even stay in school? My school only allows 12 excused absences per semester. I'm already at 6...I lose all my credits once I surpass 12...
I know when I travelled for cheer, I would get my absences excused so they didn't count. As long as my teachers and my mom signed a form saying I would have makeup work done when I got back, they could be excused. Most teachers were understanding and excited about competitions when I told them why I would be traveling.

Latest posts

Back