All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

She was banned at one point, did she get un-banned? Even still, I agree.

I was under the impression that she got un-banned on the day of the big un-banning. I could be wrong though, I wasn't part of the boards during this time but it was mentioned a while ago. One day I played in the archives and read a lot of her old stuff because I was bored.

I don't think she owes any of us an explanation. I feel that she said enough. Haven't we all be talking about how much all star has changed, and how expensive it has become? This is bigger than STP and NCA.

I agree that she doesn't really owe anybody anything, but I also think passive aggressiveness in a professional setting makes one look unprofessional. If this is about NCA then say it---it's okay. If her teams aren't doing well and it's getting to cost too much when they could go somewhere and do better than what's the issue? If this is about Stay to Play by all means sista shout it from the roof tops and maybe more will follow. If this is about something else entirely then perhaps provide some clarity.

Regardless, at the end of the day, because CSP decided to be passive aggressive we'll now have another 5-10 pages dissecting what her passive aggressive could have been about and ideas will branch off of that which just makes what she was trying to achieve pointless.

Like I said, I applaud her revamping her comp schedule to help her families---I think at some point all these excess competitions need to get themselves under control. This isn't an Olympic sport where one day your child *might* be able to make a team and go to [insert country] 2064 and compete for a gold medal and have opportunities for lucrative sponsorship and public speaking. This is all-star cheerleading. The end of the road, legit is, the end of the road for 99.9% of the athletes.

Someone once criticized BlueCat for not having as much long distance travel as other teams and his response was, "Why when you have plenty of competition within the area?" I may be assuming incorrectly but, I am taking CSP's tweet to basically state the same thing.

They keep adding events each year and if her objective is to attend a certain amount of bid events and keep costs down, I would definitely choose those events where my teams have had the most success. I thought she was just stating the obvious which was, "my teams are hitting and not winning at this competition so, why endure the expense?"

Salty? It was on Twitter versus an email to her customers. She was purposely making a point to those in charge at NCA and to other gym owners that may be feeling the same way.

No gym owner would ever give up the Varsity Family plan kickback. Especially if it is hundreds of thousands like CEA gets so I am sure they will still be going to enough Varsity events.

No gym owner would ever give up the Varsity Family plan kickback. Especially if it is hundreds of thousands like CEA gets so I am sure they will still be going to enough Varsity events.

The Varsity plan certainly has its merits, but they are basically giving you back a percentage of what you give them in the first place.

SMH, parents have been talking about the amount of travel since we left CEA. If she is cutting back on travel then that is wonderful. Nashville is 7 hours. We travelled 7 hours (9 if you count waiting in the parking lot to get parked so you could check in at the Gaylord) only to find that the Level 5 teams competed against no one. That's a lot of time and money we spent. The only good thing is that school was out so they didn't miss anything.

I think this has been in CSP's mind for a long time (Msteal would know for sure). Recent events may have shown her that it's not worth it. Her girls are older now. School is tougher. If she sticks with that decision (if it is truly decided) I applaud her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Her girls are older now. School is tougher.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Hadn't really thought of this as a motivation, but perhaps this has given her a different perspective. Until you have to sit with an overtired middle schooler while forcing them to do makeup work you can't fully comprehend the drama. Add to that a group of disappointed parents who have just spent $1000 minimum to come home empty handed - again and it seems an easy decision to just stay home next time.

Hadn't really thought of this as a motivation, but perhaps this has given her a different perspective. Until you have to sit with an overtired middle schooler while forcing them to do makeup work you can't fully comprehend the drama. Add to that a group of disappointed parents who have just spent $1000 minimum to come home empty handed - again and it seems an easy decision to just stay home next time.
Wow... never me boo boo! I would be DONE. This makes me 10x happier about her decision.

I am sure it is both, but that tweet and the one about Christmas lights leaves me scratching my head. A lot of pot and kettle going on there [emoji53]

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."
Yeah when I saw that I was like :cow: seriously? I actually responded to that IG. I said something to the effect of..... Ok seriously- how can you keep a straight face saying that when YOU'VE been the one pushing the limits (not saying that's a bad thing) w/your own "lights" year after year. You raised the bar in a big way and it obviously had a massive impact on the sport. Stunts are harder, pyramids are more creative, etc. all the way around. For someone who's pushed to have the most "xmas lights on the street every year", all of sudden NOW it's a problem?
I guess we'll see if you put your money where your mouth is and "unplug the lights".

I'm sorry y'all I think that's hypocritical from a person who's always pushing the envelope and packing everything possible into her routines. To be clear I'm not criticizing that aspect in the slightest. Just the seem a bit hypocritical to me.

Ready to be slaughtered now (even though I love CEA)

Yeah when I saw that I was like :cow: seriously? I actually responded to that IG. I said something to the effect of..... Ok seriously- how can you keep a straight face saying that when YOU'VE been the one pushing the limits (not saying that's a bad thing) w/your own "lights" year after year. You raised the bar in a big way and it obviously had a massive impact on the sport. Stunts are harder, pyramids are more creative, etc. all the way around. For someone who's pushed to have the most "xmas lights on the street every year", all of sudden NOW it's a problem?
I guess we'll see if you put your money where your mouth is and "unplug the lights".

I'm sorry y'all I think that's hypocritical from a person who's always pushing the envelope and packing everything possible into her routines. To be clear I'm not criticizing that aspect in the slightest. Just the seem a bit hypocritical to me.

I think she's talking about competitions and travel, not skills. CEA has definitely raised the bar, but they're not (at least not fully) responsible for raising the cost and travel required for cheer. It's a multi-gym thing, and she's decided to be the first to unplug.

When I read the original post I understood it as being the house that puts themselves out there the most. CEA has been spending a ton of money to travel to every major competition in the country in an effort to be a part of the transition to encourage new events other than worlds, but now wants to take a step back from that to protect the people that have been sacrificing for that. Also we just watched Smoed be absolutely torn apart on social media due to overexposure. So I kind of saw that post as Courtney showing that she wants to pull back and make things more about her teams and loving the sport than about showing the whole world on every possible stage.

I think she's talking about competitions and travel, not skills. CEA has definitely raised the bar, but they're not (at least not fully) responsible for raising the cost and travel required for cheer. It's a multi-gym thing, and she's decided to be the first to unplug.
I respectfully disagree. Especially considering how many of her own events she holds, the "major" ideas from her that helped create so many of these newer comps. ;)

Thanks everyone for answering my question about costs! That is a crazy amount of money. When I was on a "elite" team here, I paid around 2.5-3k for one season, and that included a trip to Florida for 10 days and a trip to Amsterdam/Glasgow for 4 days.

I respectfully disagree. Especially considering how many of her own events she holds, the "major" ideas from her that helped create so many of these newer comps. ;)
The only event I know she holds is X-Evolution. I'm sure you know way more that I do, but I doubt those events require much, if any travel for her athletes.

Back