All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When I read the original post I understood it as being the house that puts themselves out there the most. CEA has been spending a ton of money to travel to every major competition in the country in an effort to be a part of the transition to encourage new events other than worlds, but now wants to take a step back from that to protect the people that have been sacrificing for that. Also we just watched Smoed be absolutely torn apart on social media due to overexposure. So I kind of saw that post as Courtney showing that she wants to pull back and make things more about her teams and loving the sport than about showing the whole world on every possible stage.
That's why I specifically said, "I guess we'll see if you put your money where your mouth is and 'unplug the lights". We'll see one way or another. Time will tell. No big deal.

The only event I know she holds is X-Evolution. I'm sure you know way more that I do, but I doubt those events require much, if any travel for her athletes.
They cost us a lot of money for basically nothing. At least for many of the lower level teams and/or the teams my daughter was on. Those sentiments were shared by many parents. Of course CEA is huge so I'm sure some of the satellite gyms felt otherwise. My former CP was at the "mothership" location.
And there were 2-3 of them a year last I recall.

They cost us a lot of money for basically nothing. At least for many of the lower level teams and/or the teams my daughter was on. Those sentiments were shared by many parents. Of course CEA is huge so I'm sure some of the satellite gyms felt otherwise. My former CP was at the "mothership" location.
And there were 2-3 of them a year last I recall.
Now I understand. That's frustrating. I'm glad she's finally listening to everyone's demands.

You seem very angry.
Not at all. I'm especially close to many family members whose children used to cheer and still cheer with CEA. I'm always rooting for them. I went to Worlds the year after we left to support our teams. :) I still love watching them. I'll watch them on TV during NCA, sometimes even pay for online subscriptions to major comps (although not this past year).There's no need to twist my words around. If anyone sounds angry and/or salty about anything it's the one who posted that in the first place.

You sure you're not just trying to instigate things? ;)

Not at all. I'm especially close to many family members whose children used to cheer and still cheer with CEA. I'm always rooting for them. I went to Worlds the year after we left to support our teams. :) I still love watching them. I'll watch them on TV during NCA, sometimes even pay for online subscriptions to major comps (although not this past year).There's no need to twist my words around. If anyone sounds angry and/or salty about anything it's the one who posted that in the first place.

You sure you're not just trying to instigate things? ;)
That 36 pt font had me convinced otherwise lol!

It's a give back to the gym owner a percentage (20% in most cases) what the parents pay.
Not everyone sets their entry fees up that way. Our parents are not billed directly for the normal events on our schedule. Entry fees (and for that matter - kickbacks, give-backs, etc) are already factored into what we charge for tuition. I suppose it is a matter of perspective on whether business expenses are paid by the business owner or the customers.

I personally believe that gyms that treat it as a business expense tend to be smarter about selecting their events than those who treat it as a pass-through expense that parents pay. It should be the same, I suppose, but you tend to spend "your money" more carefully than you spend someone else's.

Last edited:
Not everyone sets their entry fees up that way. Our parents are not billed directly for the normal events on our schedule. Entry fees (and for that matter - kickbacks, give-backs, etc) are already factored into what we charge for tuition. I suppose it is a matter of perspective on whether business expenses are paid by the business owner or the customers.

I personally believe that gym that treat it as a business expense tend to be smarter about selecting their events than those who treat it as a pass-through expense that parents pay. It should be the same, I suppose, but you tend to spend "your money" more carefully than you spend someone else's.
ALL-INCLUSIVE PRICING FOR THE WIN!!!

I personally believe that gym that treat it as a business expense tend to be smarter about selecting their events than those who treat it as a pass-through expense that parents pay. It should be the same, I suppose, but you tend to spend "your money" more carefully than you spend someone else's.

CP's new gym does inclusive pricing and I want to sing to the cheer lord's for next season.

I can not tell you how annoying it was at our old gym to hear, "We have x coming up March 1st, you owe $85 next week."

Not that parents didn't know it was coming, but some didn't know when, how much, when it was due and it was a headache ALL the way around!

Thats why your tuition looks pricey. I read the tryout handbook thing last spring and was shocked by the tuition, but considering it pays comp fees thats a really good idea!!

CP's new gym does inclusive pricing and I want to sing to the cheer lord's for next season.

I can not tell you how annoying it was at our old gym to hear, "We have x coming up March 1st, you owe $85 next week."

Not that parents didn't know it was coming, but some didn't know when, how much, when it was due and it was a headache ALL the way around!

And then there's the parents that act like it's all a big surprise that fees are due.

And then there's the parents that act like it's all a big surprise that fees are due.

Yup! Or, better yet, don't treat it with the respect of an actual team and just say, "Well I guess we just won't go." I still keep up with CP's former team and they just had a little girl quit---since I know her mom pretty well, I guarantee if all the fees were paid up front she would have never quit mid-season.

Back