All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I find this very funny. She contradicts herself in this tweet. If she truly believes "champions have to hit" then senior elite should not have won worlds in 2010 because they did not hit both days...
I don't think she was just talking about this year. This has been happening for years, from what I'm hearing.

It was said before tryouts that while they weren't mandatory, if you were in town you were expected to be there. Cheer is huge in my hometown and the coaches take it very seriously. And I'm sure if someone consistently didn't come for no good reason there would have been consequences.
It wasn't until I became a HS coach that I learned our summer practices were not mandatory. They can't be, under high school league regulations. SC cheer is considered a sport and has to abide by the same rules as other fall sports so they have optional summer workouts. I had cheered in the same program for years and never knew they couldn't technically mandate it. We were always just there.

My coach and I were just VERY careful with our wording to parents at the beginning of the season about summer workouts. We never said they were a "requirement", we just went over the attendance policy (that really I guess technically kicked in in the fall) and they always just showed up unless they gave us the dates at the beginning of the summer. Semantics. :cool:

It wasn't until I became a HS coach that I learned our summer practices were not mandatory. They can't be, under high school league regulations. SC cheer is considered a sport and has to abide by the same rules as other fall sports so they have optional summer workouts. I had cheered in the same program for years and never knew they couldn't technically mandate it. We were always just there.

My coach and I were just VERY careful with our wording to parents at the beginning of the season about summer workouts. We never said they were a "requirement", we just went over the attendance policy (that really I guess technically kicked in in the fall) and they always just showed up unless they gave us the dates at the beginning of the summer. Semantics. :cool:

I always wondered about this. Even for girls school soccer (spring) there is an optional "pre-season" and then a district set date that tryouts happen along with a set first week of practices. But all the kids know that you're rarely going to make the team if you don't' show up for pre-season. Is this the same for school cheer?

I always wondered about this. Even for girls school soccer (spring) there is an optional "pre-season" and then a district set date that tryouts happen along with a set first week of practices. But all the kids know that you're rarely going to make the team if you don't' show up for pre-season. Is this the same for school cheer?
No because school cheer is not considered a sport by the NCHSAA. If it were, the same rules would apply that you could have limited numbers of athletes attend "conditioning and/or workouts" which are specifically prohibited from being a "practice" and cannot be mandatory, like soccer, football etc do until the August 1 date where practice is permitted to begin.

Although the NCHSAA did just approve a two week practice period in the spring for football, but that's for football only.

Since cheer is not a "sport" officially, they can have legit practices that are required all summer long. Official sports can't do that and have to wait until the starting day for that season (usually about 2-3 weeks before Their first game).

Just in case anyone out there is salty that cheer isn't a sport. Try not having practice until August and competing in November.

No because school cheer is not considered a sport by the NCHSAA. If it were, the same rules would apply that you could have limited numbers of athletes attend "conditioning and/or workouts" which are specifically prohibited from being a "practice" and cannot be mandatory, like soccer, football etc do until the August 1 date where practice is permitted to begin.

Although the NCHSAA did just approve a two week practice period in the spring for football, but that's for football only.

Since cheer is not a "sport" officially, they can have legit practices that are required all summer long. Official sports can't do that and have to wait until the starting day for that season (usually about 2-3 weeks before Their first game).

Just in case anyone out there is salty that cheer isn't a sport. Try not having practice until August and competing in November.
Cheer in Missouri is an "activity" so we can have practices in summer, but we have "dead week" (no contact period) with the rest of the activities the first week of July... And compete the second/third week of July, so that's awesome. :rolleyes: MSHSAA refuses to let us have the sports dead period (last week of July/first week of August) and MCCA refuses to move the regional competition to a logical time, like I don't know, during the school year??? It's the worst. But if we were a sport, MSHSAA says you can't participate on an all star team during your school team's season and theyre very serious, so I guess it's for the best...
Can you tell how much I love this state?

What do you even get for winning the Triple Crown? Bragging rights?

Hmmm I believe TLGC won last year and got a medal, too. Idk what else though.

Don't quote me on this though, I remember seeing a TGLC cheerleader on tumblr with an assortment of medal from last year and I think one was a Triple Crown medal.

Hmmm I believe TLGC won last year and got a medal, too. Idk what else though.

Don't quote me on this though, I remember seeing a TGLC cheerleader on tumblr with an assortment of medal from last year and I think one was a Triple Crown medal.
Money for your charity.
There it is....someone mentions TG and Weezy just appears out of nowhere, lol.

**What if gofundme included a double your money back performance clause?**

What do you even get for winning the Triple Crown? Bragging rights?
The featured division, this year Large All Girl 5, gets a donation to their charity of choice. I think there also trinkets for each of the team members.

Back