OT Curlformers....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Definitely play with it more! I'm right handed and always hold the wand in my right hand and wrap with my left. Make sure you hold it upside down so the handle part is at the top and the heated part points down (if its tapered it should go from the thick part at the top, then skinny at the bottom). I think it's easier to start with the wand kind of horizontal and then once all the hair is on there, turn it so its completely vertical. I think it's more flattering to have the hair curl away from your face so for the front and top layers I wrap the hair backwards/away from the face. For the bottom I don't care as much and just kind of do it whichever way. I hold it for a few seconds and then just let go and the hair slides off the wand. Once you're done with the whole head, spray it with a salt spray if you have one, then blow dry it all so the air separates the curls to make it more full and natural. Then hairspray if you need it and you're all set! If any of that doesn't make sense I can try taking pictures of me doing it next week.
These tips are perfect! Thank you!!! Now I just have to convince my sister to let me borrow her curling wand...

urezanev.jpg

I use them. Small sections of dry hair - coated in gel - and then use a bonnet hair dryer for 15 min or so to "cook" the gel and voila!

You really got those pretty curls in 15 mins of drying time? And used them
On dry hair? That's amazing! So pretty, definitely gonna try them :)

DW used them on CP a few years ago. I remember complaining about the cost and it actually still irks me every time I see them as they are no longer being used. However they worked very well on CP's hair. We bought the long and short ones and intermixed about 30 of them to get CP's hair the way she needed it. I believe she traveled to comps with them on and simply took them out before warm ups and she was good to go. Good luck.

Lol! Stop it ..... I'm blushing!! Haha ;) I can take credit for the curls ~ and will be happy to pass along your sweet compliment to CP ~ I'm sure it will make her day!
What kind of bonnet do you use to set the gel? Is it a soft or hard one? We love the curlformer results but cp hates sleeping in them.

What kind of bonnet do you use to set the gel? Is it a soft or hard one? We love the curlformer results but cp hates sleeping in them.
I use the one from Sally's beauty. Gold something is the brand. It comes in its own black case. Sally's also sells a bonnet that attaches to the barrel of regular hair dryer. Haven't used it yet - but have heard good things about it. My CP will NOT sleep in curlers either - lol.

I broke one of my curlformers because I tried doing it myself. Thank god for my twin sister! Ps am I the only lefty in the world with horrendous handwriting and no physical ability to do my hair, nails, makeup, etc?

For everyone who don't want to spend billion dollars for curlformers try these from ebay. Someone in the other thread said that you can't see the differents between real curlformers and these from ebay. And they cost about $10

Magic Leverag in Health & Beauty | eBay
Yes!!! I use these btw!! I guess I should've thought of that (the knockoffs). I bought these in desperation after accidentally leaving the whole bag of them in a hotel last year. CP Needs a TON - lots and lots of hair. These are a great deal - only downside is I find the wand is kinda cheap and tends to pull a little more than the one Sally's carries - Which you can buy by itself and I would recommend it since you're up a creek if your wand breaks.

Back