OT Curlformers....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Wanted to add a pic of this year - curl forms in a pony View attachment 466 just in case anyone was looking for a pony reference

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Can I ask what order you her hair in when you're doing it in a pony? I always tie my hair up wet (with the poof separated off) then put the curlformers in and sleep in them, then remove and spray and attempt to fix the pony from being slept on without taking it out. Never looks perfect though (which yours always do)! Any tips?

Can I ask what order you her hair in when you're doing it in a pony? I always tie my hair up wet (with the poof separated off) then put the curlformers in and sleep in them, then remove and spray and attempt to fix the pony from being slept on without taking it out. Never looks perfect though (which yours always do)! Any tips?

Ally does her bump and pulls up her pony with dry hair. I mix a medium hold Aussie gel with a strong hold garnier fructise gel and coat sections of dry hair staring about 2-3 inches from the root of the pony (easier for teasing and getting volume). Once the curl forms are in she puts on the bonnet dryer for 15-20 min. I use a large clip underneath the pony to "pop it up". This helps the pony from falling and also gives it some height behind the bow.

Ally does her bump and pulls up her pony with dry hair. I mix a medium hold Aussie gel with a strong hold garnier fructise gel and coat sections of dry hair staring about 2-3 inches from the root of the pony (easier for teasing and getting volume). Once the curl forms are in she puts on the bonnet dryer for 15-20 min. I use a large clip underneath the pony to "pop it up". This helps the pony from falling and also gives it some height behind the bow.

Thanks! Guess I need to invest in one of those bonnet dryers!

Can I ask what you mean by a large clip under it? Do you just clip a section of the pony up or the whole thing? What kind of clip? Im having a hard time visualizing it but love the look!

Can I ask what you mean by a large clip under it? Do you just clip a section of the pony up or the whole thing? What kind of clip? Im having a hard time visualizing it but love the look!
I had a feeling that would be hard to visualize. Ok - CP flips her hair over and I use a large claw clip (just like what you'd use to twist your hair up - I believe goody makes it). Maybe I can post a pic later as a visual. But I just push the underside of the pony up towards and covering the ponytail holder and then secure the clip deeply over the pushed up hair with the claws going under the ponytail holder. It gives the pony support and pushes the hair up giving it some lift begone the now. I realize a pic is worth a thousand words right about now :(

I had a feeling that would be hard to visualize. Ok - CP flips her hair over and I use a large claw clip (just like what you'd use to twist your hair up - I believe goody makes it). Maybe I can post a pic later as a visual. But I just push the underside of the pony up towards and covering the ponytail holder and then secure the clip deeply over the pushed up hair with the claws going under the ponytail holder. It gives the pony support and pushes the hair up giving it some lift begone the now. I realize a pic is worth a thousand words right about now :(

HA, a pic would be great if you have one! I am just trying to picture doing that to my CP who has a TON of hair. The clip never falls out? Im definitely going to have to try it if I can find the right clip!

HA, a pic would be great if you have one! I am just trying to picture doing that to my CP who has a TON of hair. The clip never falls out? Im definitely going to have to try it if I can find the right clip!
I will have cp put her hair in pony and take pic of what I mean. It's not going to be of comp hair but you will understand :)

My hair doesn't hold a curl for anything except curlformers I have 6 different curlers and 4 different irons they work but only last like an hour. They work best with newly washed damp almost dry hair with liquid mouse and I leave them in over night yes they hurt a lot to sleep in but the curls are worth it but do the bonnet dryers actually work because that would be awesome!!

My hair doesn't hold a curl for anything except curlformers I have 6 different curlers and 4 different irons they work but only last like an hour. They work best with newly washed damp almost dry hair with liquid mouse and I leave them in over night yes they hurt a lot to sleep in but the curls are worth it but do the bonnet dryers actually work because that would be awesome!!

Yes the bonnet dryer works. All of the pics I have posted have been with using a dryer and not sleeping in tbem.

Back