All-Star Cute/funny Cheer Stories

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 8, 2014
Do any of y'all have cute or funny stories about something that has happened at cheer? In March, after being deployed since September, my dad surprised me at a school clinic for cheer. He had to go somewhere a few days later, but flew down to watch me compete(allstar/competitive) and then flew back! I am so thankful for him and I love him so much!

Anyways, what's your cute/sweet/funny/surprising cheer story?

My cp is a huge fan of our Senior level 5 team and definitely fangirls over them all the time. At the Worls's/Summit showcase our gym did the whole level 5 team posed with her for pictures and made her feel so special.

I am forever grateful to be at our gym and with athletes who took time out of a night when they should have been focused on themselves to make my little girl's year.

My cp is a huge fan of our Senior level 5 team and definitely fangirls over them all the time. At the Worls's/Summit showcase our gym did the whole level 5 team posed with her for pictures and made her feel so special.

I am forever grateful to be at our gym and with athletes who took time out of a night when they should have been focused on themselves to make my little girl's year.

Awe, that's so sweet:)

My story is one of those look back and laugh ones! During my first season of comp cheer, we had a forward roll choreographed in the routine but only ever marked it in training because we trained in a tiny hall. So of course when the competition came around and we had to do it on the floor, my forgetful 10 year old self just marked it whilst the rest of my team actually did it! I was absolutely distraught and came off the mat in tears because i thought i'd ruined the whole routine!

However we did still win :) and one of my coaches also gave me chocolate to cheer me up so it was a win-win situation!

Last season my team also had a girls weave fly off mid routine...that was pretty amusing for us as a team!

My youngest cp was on a level 1 half year team last year and at their first competition as they are getting ready to go out on stage, the center flyer decided the excitement was too much and she couldn't go on. All the girls run on stage, most of them not knowing she's not there until it is time to stunt and the stunt group looks at each other, looks around, looks at the coach, looks around some more, all the while marking the stunts and smiling. But, the best part was when they get to the pyramid, she is the center and this is level 1, and the coach is screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, DON'T GO UUUPPPPPPPPPPPP!" and of course they can't hear him. So, they all go up looking so confident at this point, proud that they are going up and hitting with their arms sticking out with no flyer and meanwhile my oldest cp is standing next to me squeezing my arm, "OMG, that's a deduction, OMG, that's another deduction, OMG make them stop, OMG PLEASE STOP......" After it was over, oldest cp looked at me and said, they just hit their routine and probably achieved the first negative score in the history of cheer.

We set up a Facebook page for our Stuntgroup with the purpose of keeping our families and friends updated when we are at Worlds and posting pictures and videos of our practices. For some reason we ended up getting a lot of followers and when we were at the cultural exchange party Thursday night at the WWOS a japanese guy came up to us and asked us if we could take a picture with him. We didn't think much of it at that time because everyone was just taking pics with other Cheerleaders. Next thing we know he pulls out his phone goes on Facebook and shows us he likes our Facebook page and has been following it for a while. That was just the cutest thing ever and quite frankly we were beyond flattered
I still wonder how he recognized us

The time my niece threw a BHS in her Level 1 pass!

She had just started hitting it last week in privates so she in all of her 5 year old glory thought she'd "impress" her coaches by just adding it in at the end of her RO BWO STEP OUT.

She throws it and smiles just as big like "look at me!"

We all look on in almost horror. lol.

Some of the best/funny cheer stories have come from our time at Spirit with the owner Brett:
"Do you drive to 7-11 with your eyes closed? Then why are you tumbling that way?"
"You do not have to run halfway across Arlington to throw that pass."

My favorite was when cp's team was in the gym room getting ready and one of the girls asked the coach how old he was..
"How old do you think I am?"
"You look like your like 30!" (He was no older than 24)
"How old do you think coach Brad is?"
"Oh man he must be like 50!" So he takes the girls over to Brad and says...
"Tell him what you just told me..."
"What? That Coach Brad couldn't be more than 25?" And then they run away. Two 12 year olds threw that coach under the bus.

It was my sisters second cheer competition ever and she was on a youth 1. No one had previously covered with them what to do in case of a wardrobe malfunction on stage. My sister lost her shoe within the first two 8-counts of the routine and promptly sat down in the front row of jumps and attempted to put it back on.

It was my sisters second cheer competition ever and she was on a youth 1. No one had previously covered with them what to do in case of a wardrobe malfunction on stage. My sister lost her shoe within the first two 8-counts of the routine and promptly sat down in the front row of jumps and attempted to put it back on.
omg video???? thats too funny

My youngest cp was on a level 1 half year team last year and at their first competition as they are getting ready to go out on stage, the center flyer decided the excitement was too much and she couldn't go on. All the girls run on stage, most of them not knowing she's not there until it is time to stunt and the stunt group looks at each other, looks around, looks at the coach, looks around some more, all the while marking the stunts and smiling. But, the best part was when they get to the pyramid, she is the center and this is level 1, and the coach is screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, DON'T GO UUUPPPPPPPPPPPP!" and of course they can't hear him. So, they all go up looking so confident at this point, proud that they are going up and hitting with their arms sticking out with no flyer and meanwhile my oldest cp is standing next to me squeezing my arm, "OMG, that's a deduction, OMG, that's another deduction, OMG make them stop, OMG PLEASE STOP......" After it was over, oldest cp looked at me and said, they just hit their routine and probably achieved the first negative score in the history of cheer.

I remember watching and just saying "dear lord" and then i found out what happened was even more shocked!

Former cp's third competition ever was Americheer at Disney, she must have been 8.
Her team comes out onto the mat and you see them all getting into their spots except for mine who looks very confused about where she is supposed to go. Her coach looks at me and says jokingly "I don't think she knows where the front of the mat is" (she was supposed to start with cross tumbling from the front left corner). He then realized she really did not know where the front of the mat was and he started screaming and frantically gesturing where she should go.
She made it there in time but to this day she will not watch the video from that comp because you can see her walking back and forth across the mat not sure where to go :D.

Oh my gosh I just remember,breed one!
This year at our mini's first comp, they were a little nervous. One of them walks out and stands in the wrong spot, so the girl who is supposed to be there is standing there trying to point for her to go where she's supposed to (along with the whole crowd). This little girl just keeps standing there and shaking her head, pointing to where she thought the other girl was supposed to be. I guess even though they practiced walking out they needed a little bit more practice!
The same mini did her cartwheel back walkover to the front and then proceeded to pick her wedgie front and center with her back to the crowd. Priceless!

I love how these are all Mini stories but seriously, there is never a dull moment.

Another funny story:

Mini girls are at their first comp. I was watching with my Y2s to try to support them.

They come out, walk to their spots, and are waiting for the music to start.

The music does not start right away for whatever reason so the delay in music = everyone in the crowd is rather quiet waiting for them to start.

It's sort of quiet.

Front and center girl yells to our Mini coach sitting front and center in the crowd, "Miss ______, which jump goes first?"

Back