All-Star Dallas (nca) Newbie- Need Suggestions, Advice!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And unlike The Summit, you can go in on Friday night and shop without an entrance fee at their vendor booths while you've trekked over from the hotel in a zigzag direction. But you know, that is just what I was told about The Summit, I wasn't there at WWOS until Saturday, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
They were selling merch at Allstar Sports Resort Thursday and Friday before the competition. :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

We are heading to Dallas for NCA for the first time this year (gulp!!). I'm equal parts thrilled and terrified- and full of questions.

1. Try to get a hotel on the DART (transit train) line. Teams stayed as far north as Richardson and rode the train in. It stops at the Renaissance at Galatyn Park and drop you off under the Convention Center so you don't get involved in the weather (which is usually bad that weekend).
2. There are 4 halls and 1 arena. It takes time to move from one hall to another. If you are in the Arena get there when it opens or you probably won't get a seat.
3. You have to go outside the North doors to get tickets - that can be hard to find.
4. Enjoy it! It is an experience like no other!

ETA: Cheer Athletics is one stop north of Galatyn Park if you wanted to inquire about mat time there ;)

Thanks for the advice but I am too late. No rooms at the Omni or at the Springhill Suites. I was hoping to get at the Omni because I was going to bring my mom. She cannot walk too well and needs frequent breaks for her breathing machine.

I guess she will have to sit this one out.

I booked one - 12 miles away but I will try to find a way to get on the Dart - when you say it is under the Convention Center - do you mean I never have to go outside once I get off or is it like across the street or something?

Thanks for the advice but I am too late. No rooms at the Omni or at the Springhill Suites. I was hoping to get at the Omni because I was going to bring my mom. She cannot walk too well and needs frequent breaks for her breathing machine.

I booked one - 12 miles away but I will try to find a way to get on the Dart - when you say it is under the Convention Center - do you mean I never have to go outside once I get off or is it like across the street or something?

The Convention Center is actually raised off street level at one end. The DART stop is on street level, but under the building. You can enter the CC without ever going outside. Now that I think about it, you could also buy tickets inside in front of D and B halls.
I had 2 in wheelchairs this past year and chose to not have them come. The hallways are packed and even the wheelchair seating is taken (at least in the Arena).
Good luck at NCA!

When my gym used to go we would go a day early and do the practicing in the warm up room. As an athlete I thought it was busy and rushed. I would have rather rented out space because then we would have the whole floor the entire time instead of having a warm up scenario. We could possibly have more time depending on cost. But going early is good practice for the next two days and a good way for those new to the competition to get a feel for what actual warm ups are like!

The downtown hotels probably aren't full, it's just that all the rooms are blocked for Varsity. If you want rooms at the Omni, you'll have to go through housing - you can do that as an individual.

The DART station is at street level and the convention center is (mostly) above it. From what I've seen, you have to exit the train, go down the sidewalk (covered) and into the convention center doors. There may be doors into the center from the station platform, though - I haven't been over there.

NCA is a lot of walking once you're inside and it's wall to wall people. If your mom has trouble walking and needs frequent breaks, it's probably not the best competition for her to attend. From D Hall (near where the DART station is) to the Arena is a several block walk whether you're outside or in.

This is my first year going to Dallas too! I've never been to Texas ever and I'm flying from GA. I'm stopping by Cheer Athletics when I go. Words cannot DESCRIBE how excited I am, (Still like 9 months but I'm still excited) hehe

Back