All-Star "destination" Cheer Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Isn't there a competition held on a cruise? Not for sure, but I feel like I've seen something about one before...

If there were ever to be a new worlds location, it should be where cheersport is held. That place is huge
There are numerous venues that would be better for Worlds than where it is. I'm not sure I get why Worlds needs to be tied to a vacation destination, however. The competition itself and the safety of the participants should be the main priorities, IMO.

It is a moot point for us, cp graduated, but she only cheered competitively while she was in high school, so "destination" comps were a non issue with us. It was a case of leaving Friday after her major classes were over and getting back Monday so she would only miss the one day. So who cared where we were, we were there to compete and get home. I did envy the parents of the younger kids though that could make a little vacation out of it - especially UCA.

There are numerous venues that would be better for Worlds than where it is. I'm not sure I get why Worlds needs to be tied to a vacation destination, however. The competition itself and the safety of the participants should be the main priorities, IMO.

Ideally, Worlds would be better served being in a different major city every two years, if not every year. You could probably pull Worlds off in some of the bigger convention centers in the U.S., like Atlanta or Dallas. Arenas would be a tougher sell, just because of the time of year and the fact many major arenas would have NBA and NHL commitments.

Back