Differences In Subdivisions (a / B / C)?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 2, 2018
Hey everyone,

Could someone explain to me the difference between the A / B / C subdivisions (e.g., Level 3 Small Jr A vs. Level 3 Small Jr B vs Level 3 Small Jr C)? I understand the difference between Division I and Division II gyms, but the A / B / C subdivisions that were showing up at NCA Nationals (during my 7-yr-old CP's 20-hr Flo Cheer marathon) was a bit of a mystery.

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone,

Could someone explain to me the difference between the A / B / C subdivisions (e.g., Level 3 Small Jr A vs. Level 3 Small Jr B vs Level 3 Small Jr C)? I understand the difference between Division I and Division II gyms, but the A / B / C subdivisions that were showing up at NCA Nationals (during my 7-yr-old CP's 20-hr Flo Cheer marathon) was a bit of a mystery.

Thanks in advance!
When there are a certain number of teams (I forget what NCA used, somewhere around 15 or so, it's different at each comp), they split it further to allow for more accurate judging. It's split by size at NCA, some competitions it's just done randomly. So say for example for Small Junior 3: A could be teams with 20-22 athletes, B could be teams with 16-19, C could be 15 or less.

And here's Justin Carrier's tweet about how it was done at NCA

Back