Different Uniform Choices

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 20, 2011
hey i was wondering some opinions on new uniform styles. like shorts, one shoulder, bedazzled, collars, or white uniforms. tell me what you think. Here are a few different uniforms.

qy937s.jpg

59skmd.jpg
206zdld.jpg
67805_10150104888558408_521188407_7.jpg
2z8qp3p.jpg
2s64g2e.jpg
180690_107394016002081_107387029336113_60513_5689363_n.jpg
31512_131165686899625_121748521174675_354090_2846555_n.jpg
167749_158823834168521_100001227170609_327247_2011714_n.jpg

There are as many different opinions on here as there are posters (gee, I'm so profound :rolleyes:), but here is one. I am big time traditionalist on the uniforms. I like skirts, not shorts. Skirts that qualify for the name, not low slung micro minis. I don't like cut-outs on the top because too often they bunch up and don't fit well, but I suspect that may be more of an issue with the type of fabric used. Note how well the Cheer Extreme unis fit the older girls, but the style of the younger girls bunch at the shoulders and neck. Don't like off the shoulder or one shoulder. And while I do not care at all for the Top Gun unis shown here, I really like their lower level uniforms-again because they are more traditional: higher neck, long sleeve, skirt. While I know many equate traditional with old-fashioned/boring, I look at the more traditional look as classic and classy. Pushing the envelope in terms of showing skin does not impress me, skill impresses me. The uniform should enhance the routine by helping emphasize the clean lines and precision of a routine, not distract you from the routine as you gawk at the uniform. That's my two cents.

There are as many different opinions on here as there are posters (gee, I'm so profound :rolleyes:), but here is one. I am big time traditionalist on the uniforms. I like skirts, not shorts. Skirts that qualify for the name, not low slung micro minis. I don't like cut-outs on the top because too often they bunch up and don't fit well, but I suspect that may be more of an issue with the type of fabric used. Note how well the Cheer Extreme unis fit the older girls, but the style of the younger girls bunch at the shoulders and neck. Don't like off the shoulder or one shoulder. And while I do not care at all for the Top Gun unis shown here, I really like their lower level uniforms-again because they are more traditional: higher neck, long sleeve, skirt. While I know many equate traditional with old-fashioned/boring, I look at the more traditional look as classic and classy. Pushing the envelope in terms of showing skin does not impress me, skill impresses me. The uniform should enhance the routine by helping emphasize the clean lines and precision of a routine, not distract you from the routine as you gawk at the uniform. That's my two cents.

I have to say I am on your side with this one. I like the skirts and fuller tops better. I think you can bling them up to give the uniform more pop. Some of the half tops are ok if they fit well. But take the team as a whole in consideration when choosing styles. Uniforms should enhance the team and the Skills should be the focus. I would rather focus on the great routine rather than the uniforms or lack of them!

I personally like the shorts because they seem to cause less fuss on the stage (ie girls always pulling their skirt down). However, I do not like the one shoulder tops at all. I love Top Gun but think those uniforms are awful.

I like shorts that are done correctly I have seen some shorts where I felt like why would you come out of your house like that and some that were tastefully done. I think that the uniform rep should give advise during the design process as t owhat will go over well and deifferent shaped athletes.

i dont like shorts, i like on shoulder, i like bedazzled, i dont like collars, i dont like white uniforms. :)

Yep, call me old fashioned too. but I don't like the micro mini skirts at all. I don't particularly care for half shirts unless your whole entire team is skinny enough to pull it off, I feel bad for the girl with a little chub that walks around all day with her arms wrapped around her mid-section. Don't think little teams youth, mini or tini's should be showing their belly i n the first place. And the off the shoulder unifomrs I agree do not fit everyone well, not to mention the lovely different colored bra straps you get to see. And speaking of bras that is why I don't care for white tops either as some girls don't know what color bra NOT to wear when wearing white.

I hate:
Collars: So tackky- I can't even imagine how uncomfortable they are too.
Shorts: Not everyone can pull em off- Cheerleaders should where skirts, they look nicer.
Barely there skirts and tops: Can we all keep the stereotype of Cheerleaders being sluts to a minimum and actually look like we're wearing clothes and not a bra?
Tops with no team name-Show a little pride!

I like:
Full Tops- You can do so much more with the design!
Skirts: Keepin it classy.
Rhinestones-they probably fall off but they glitter so nice at Competition!
Half Tops- I don't mind these, they only look Crazy awesome on like level 4 and 5 teams where pretty much everyone has a six pack.

i love shorts and rhinestones!
but i also love i one shoulder too!
but i love cheer athletics new uniforms, they are awesome and look so nice on the floor

At first glance I thought top gun had tube socks on their arms! Not a fan.
I also do not believe that less is more. I like full tops, but not collars, cut outs/shoulders are distracting for various reasons. I like fairly simple, but with some sparkle.
Another thing I don't particularly care for are the unis that are one color on the front and a different color on the back. In certain perfectly synchronized situations it looks really cool, but otherwise I think it distracts from the routine.

Well I'm not a big fan of white but I LOVE UAs uniform! Definitely my favorite like I think period!
Extremes younger and older teams are both cute and look very good!
I even like the red and black uniform!

However top guns could be better- I really don't like the white, I don't care for the things on their arms.. Shorts could be ok but skirts are better!

The whole collar thing is ugly. There is one team who came to one of the Nashville, tn Jamfest and I couldn't stop thinking of how unattractive the collars were!

Also world cup is cute and I like the way they look except underneath the world cup the black lining is so different on every ones! Now I know their different size tops but it just stands out to me!

Not trying to offend anyone this is all my opinion!!

I will always love Georgia Allstars Uniforms but I think the plain white bow needs the GA logo on the tail end of at least one side.

I love Top Guns Uniforms also. I love the white especially with the ones who got a good spray tan! LOL!

I am a big fan of the shorts. If the skirts are going to be so little you might as well make them shorts.

hey i was wondering some opinions on new uniform styles. like shorts, one shoulder, bedazzled, collars, or white uniforms. tell me what you think. Here are a few different uniforms.

qy937s.jpg

59skmd.jpg
206zdld.jpg
67805_10150104888558408_521188407_7.jpg
2z8qp3p.jpg
2s64g2e.jpg
180690_107394016002081_107387029336113_60513_5689363_n.jpg
31512_131165686899625_121748521174675_354090_2846555_n.jpg
167749_158823834168521_100001227170609_327247_2011714_n.jpg

I really like the newer trends in uniforms. They are more unique to the individual gym. Unfortunately a lot of the uniforms are getting smaller and smaller and smaller. While the males uniforms still only expose their heads and hands. I'm not suggesting that males should be on the floor in spankies. I'm just making a point.

Back