All-Star Discuss Your Livestream Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm probably going to upset people with this.. but I don't understand why people livestream something that they've paid for out of their own pocket, for free. Sure this is only $30, so a bit cheaper than normal, but people have practically given it away for free when it's been a lot more expensive. Let's not get into any potential legal issues, either...

I really hope people outwith the UK/US/Canada get to view it, though.

That is ridiculous, it's Worlds, not UK/US/CAN nationals. Do they not realise that a lot of the team's competing from abroad won't have their families with them to watch. How are they meant to watch them compete now?
As usual USASF haven't even considered this.
You guys realize it isn't up to the USASF and Flo Cheer right? Its a licensing, rights, and broadcast thing. Of course the USASF wants everyone to be able to watch worldwide

You guys realize it isn't up to the USASF and Flo Cheer right? Its a licensing, rights, and broadcast thing. Of course the USASF wants everyone to be able to watch worldwide

Yeah there's a bunch of red tape to sort out. I just feel bad for the athletes families. I hope they find a way to watch.

Then why did they not get the rights/licensing for their livestream for other countries? I understand that there is a lot to sort through, but it's more than disappointing (especially since quite a few people already bought the subscription and were then told yesterday that they can't watch...)

One thing they could have done out of courtesy though is to make it cheaper for those that get only the vod without the livestream. Just because I live in another country I have to pay the same price as someone in the US/Canada/UK but get less of a service?

I'm probably going to upset people with this.. but I don't understand why people livestream something that they've paid for out of their own pocket, for free. Sure this is only $30, so a bit cheaper than normal, but people have practically given it away for free when it's been a lot more expensive. Let's not get into any potential legal issues, either...

I really hope people outwith the UK/US/Canada get to view it, though.
i wanna say people who do are just very nice people :) i greatly appreciate people who record the livestream and put it on youtube simply because almost every worlds i end up having to work.
i dont always like the way usasf puts out the worlds content, they tend to wait months before ever releasing full routine videos, and i personally hate the stupid highlight ones they do, if your only going to show me a 1 minute highlight reel of a routine why bother showing it at all.

i wanna say people who do are just very nice people :) i greatly appreciate people who record the livestream and put it on youtube simply because almost every worlds i end up having to work.
i dont always like the way usasf puts out the worlds content, they tend to wait months before ever releasing full routine videos, and i personally hate the stupid highlight ones they do, if your only going to show me a 1 minute highlight reel of a routine why bother showing it at all.
Last year they had every full routine on youtube within a couple days and before that when they had the VOD the videos were up within a couple hours max after each team's performance. I think they tend to do a great job getting the full routine videos out pretty quickly.

According to Cheer Updates they won't even be posting videos of practice on the football field, let alone clips of routines because Disney has ruled no videos on their property due to the music copyright issues... Fine. But how is FloSports getting around this if they're archiving the videos after routines happen? Are they removing sound from the feed?

According to Cheer Updates they won't even be posting videos of practice on the football field, let alone clips of routines because Disney has ruled no videos on their property due to the music copyright issues... Fine. But how is FloSports getting around this if they're archiving the videos after routines happen? Are they removing sound from the feed?

I would assume so. The sooner we bring in this new music the better, it's not the same watching cheer back with no sound.

Then why did they not get the rights/licensing for their livestream for other countries? I understand that there is a lot to sort through, but it's more than disappointing (especially since quite a few people already bought the subscription and were then told yesterday that they can't watch...)

One thing they could have done out of courtesy though is to make it cheaper for those that get only the vod without the livestream. Just because I live in another country I have to pay the same price as someone in the US/Canada/UK but get less of a service?
Totally am with ya. I am not a part of any of the streaming stuff for Worlds so I cannot speak to their process or anything like that unfortunately.

Last year they had every full routine on youtube within a couple days and before that when they had the VOD the videos were up within a couple hours max after each team's performance. I think they tend to do a great job getting the full routine videos out pretty quickly.
the question now is, will there be sound with all the new copyright rules, etc going around. I might just be a tad bit OCD, but if i have to watch a video without sound i typically wont bother.... lol.

Is anyone else having issues with their Flocheer account? Every time I click onto a new page I am get logged into different accounts.

Latest posts

Back