All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybabytumbler posted this on Tumblr..
tumblr_m713hrpI2q1qk1zlao1_500.jpg

I think gym might actually be a nice gym but the show is doing nothing for it!

Apparently they showed the level 2s because that's what the network wanted. Basically cheer toddlers and tiaras. The tantrums and pushy moms bring in viewers. If they showed the level 5s & 6s then I'm guessing the show might be getting better reviews...or maybe not ;)

Also is it possible that this was taped last season and we are watching what happened in the 2011-2012 season? Or is it in somewhat real time? I saw on a fanpage of the oldest daughter that the show got picked up in Jan of last year, meaning that it had already had some taping done back then. What do you guys think?

Several if the have been in Toddlers and Tiaras and Alisha runs a pageant business as well - so T&T has been following these moms for a while with that probably taped the footage and then had it in the can so save money and create a show from it.

Maybabytumbler posted this on Tumblr..
tumblr_m713hrpI2q1qk1zlao1_500.jpg

Oh my goodness. My face exactly. Her mom thinks she is able to get onto a level 3 team. Yes, I feel bad about her back and all, but I still dont understand how she made a level 2 team. Maybe Im jealous that I cant get away with stuff like that, but I look mmore like the girl who wouldnt throw her back handspring, and then fell on her head.

I saw this on Tumblr and I thought it was hilarious,

Cheer Perfections Work out!
twist-up:
Every time a kid cries: 10 sit ups

Anytime the coach yells: Strech spilts for 30 secounds

Anytime a kid fails at something: 10 push ups

Anytime a mom tells there kid to get better at something or lectures them: 10 V- ups

Any Commerical: Hold plank for 2 min then rest 30 seocunds till commercial over!

GET FIT WITH CHEER PERFECTION!​

Ok my big confusion? So they have the girls do a cheer and the uniforms they show not just on there team but in the shots of other teams for the upcoming show- all that looks an awful lot like rec competition cheer (my kids originally did rec comp and then moved to All-Star). Is this gym truly an All-Star or is it a rec - I do have a lot of respect for strong good rec programs this program just looks like some hybrid of the 2???
The show is like a video for why gyms have areas where parents must stay. Our gym would kill us if we tried some of the stuff these moms were pulling.

I think gym might actually be a nice gym but the show is doing nothing for it!

Apparently they showed the level 2s because that's what the network wanted. Basically cheer toddlers and tiaras. The tantrums and pushy moms bring in viewers. If they showed the level 5s & 6s then I'm guessing the show might be getting better reviews...or maybe not ;)
Exactly. I feel like the real world doesn't care about seeing REAL athletes actually doing great skills. TLC (not just them probably) thinks that the public only cares about the whinny little girls and drama mamas. I mean, yeah it's fun to watch for the public and for them to put our sport down and not actually know what goes behind our hard work. It's like only our cheer world wants to see on TV what goes on behind all of our hard work. No one else really cares because they DON'T know. That's our problem, I believe. We need to actually get people to know that "Cheer Perfection" is NOT how we are and this show is NOT helping us.
*Running on no sleep, probably don't make any sense, but if you do, please put it in simpler terms for the sake of everyone else*

Back