Dismounts & Log Rolls

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Click For Full Article

There is some misunderstanding about what is considered a dismount versus a transition. Per the rules: Movements are only considered “Dismounts” if released to a cradle or released and assisted to the performing surface. The first thing required of a … Continue reading →

So a log roll is considered a dismount now? Even though its a specifically allowed release move? If it is a dismount and not a specifically allowed dismount wouldn't it be a full twisting dismount? A full twisting dismount from a cradle to a cradle?
So if you catch a single based cradle with the base and a spotter, the spotter would then need to let go and the single base could then log roll and the spotter could come into catch then to make it legal. Even if the spotter stays in, why would they no longer be considered a spotter- they are to the side, they are attentive, they are in contact with the performance surface, their torso isn't under the "stunt," both of their hands aren't underneath the soles of the flyer's feet

I can understand how with the way that dismounts are now defined how a log roll would fit that definition despite being allowed in the release moves section. But I have to respectfully disagree with needing an additional person for the log roll under either interpretation given that the spotter should still be considered a spotter.

Defining a log roll as a specifically allowed release move as it is in the rules is a much easier to follow and interpret rule than a specifically allowed release move that also has to follow the dismount rules except for the 1/4 twisting rule.

guess I'm just confused now on something that I thought was pretty cut and dry

Click For Full Article

There is some misunderstanding about what is considered a dismount versus a transition. Per the rules: Movements are only considered “Dismounts” if released to a cradle or released and assisted to the performing surface. The first thing required of a … Continue reading →

Two weeks ago at Spirit Cheer, I was told that anything coming down is considered a dismount and anything going up is a transition. Specifically, I put in a review for our stunt score, and the reviewer wrote "the release move from prep to prone is considered a dismount" which lowered our scoring range. Am I understanding correctly that this IS considered a transition and should be scores as such? We are headed to NCA shortly and I want to make sure we are hitting the 3 transition/2 dismounts needed to get into the high scoring range.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We were told that it's a transition as long as one of the bases maintains contact with the flyer. We have our backspots keep ahold of the flyers ankles and the bases do all the catching.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back