All-Star Disney Do's And Don'ts For Uca , Worlds, Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't (and won't) go to Disney this year for any comps either (year off) but I'm just sharing my past seasons of wisdom (been for Worlds as a spectator, and All Star Nationals in the past as well as HS.)

Last edited:
Sometimes it can take a long time to find a Disney Transportation bus that will fit your whole team (if doing a team outing or something. For NHSCC we always traveled as a team). Make sure to put a decent amount of travel time in your schedule.

And this.

If you are doing TEAM DINNER, factor that into Disney Time.

Ex: If you have a chronically late team, and your reservations are at 7 PM, you need to seriously have them meet you at 4:45/5 PM to start the pilgrimage to the Disney bus.

Triple posting, but LADIES, now is not the time to try to be cute. Disney = a TON of walking.

Pack comfy park shoes. Your feet will thank you. Especially if you're doing the parks AFTER competing.

Also with the shoes...if your going to try and wear like sandals or tennis shoes, or like Vans/shoes like that and you KNOW they will hurt after awhile or give you blisters, I highly recommend bringing flip flops to change into. Flip flops are not good to wear the entire day because they provide ZERO support, but they are nice to change into if your shoes are bothering you towards the end of the day.

You're supposed to get 3 fast passes per park per day. Right now with glitches in the new system, you don't if you're hopping parks. For example. We were in the MK and got our 3 fast passes, then plans changed and we had to go meet our people in HS instead. We tried to switch our fast passes over/get new ones at HS, but they could do neither because the system doesn't recognize the hop. In other words, with a park hopper right now, you only get 3 fast passes per day, and they all have to be in the same park. Bummer.

Disney Time also applies to DINNER RESERVATIONS.

In Regular Time, you roll up to Applebees/Rainforest Cafe/whatever with your team and no reservations and you have a 3o min wait.

In Disney Time, you roll up to ANY RESTAURANT with your team wanting to eat (no reservations) and you have STARVATION because you will be eating hopes and dreams outside of Be Our Guest.

Should you be smart enough to make reservations, recognize that Disney Time plays into that as well.

For example: You have Reservations at Hometown Restaurant at 6 PM. You leave the house at 5:30. You get there just in time to be seated.

If you have Disney reservations at 6 PM and you leave your hotel at 5:30, you have the SAD FACE AND HUNGER because you are not going to make it.
Yes! And make sure if you leave for the restaurant from the park you give yourself enough time to take the Disney buses because like everyone probably knows, if the line is long you might have to wait for the next bus which could take awhile. We spent the first half of the day in Animal Kingdom and thought we would have enough time to get to dinner but we ended up sprinting through Epcot to make it in time. Thankfully we were first in line for the buses

Been 3 times now since the new cup and unlucky for me the system has been working. You also can't reactivate one of the new cups, you have to buy a whole new cup.

Also for UCA HS nationals our bands only worked as room keys. We had actual cards and passes to get into parks, wwos, etc. The bands didn't do everything like they do if you're on a vacation. Not sure if it will be the same for worlds.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
When I went for UCA. I bought a cup and my mom bought one. I was going to make my daughter share mine. Sitting at the table closest to the machines and I noticed a cup that had been there before I got my drinks and 10 mins later still unattended. I approached the cup and there was a full soda in it and the ice had completely melted. I washed the cup out really good and placed it back on the machine. It had the same refill date as mine. So someone must of bought a length of stay mug that day just as I did and filled it and left. I'm assuming the kid probably got sidetracked! Poor kid probably got chewed out by his/her parents for leaving the cup. So that was a win!!!:)

As far as the magic bands I was told by some coaches for UCA we should leave the bands separated from the park hopper cards because they couldn't be connected to my bands.

Well I called the my Disney experience ppl because it wouldn't allow me to link my cards/bands and I couldn't even sign up for my fast passes through the app. I didn't have some confirmation number it was telling me I needed.

So to make it easier I went to the front of the lobby and spoke to an extremely nice helpful guy, he connected my park hoppers to my bands and even set up my fast passes for my whole stay all that Thursday night!

It was much more easier and convenient for the park entrances and fast passes. So I left my actual cards I got for me and my mom at the hotel but on days Jaylen competed I sent her card with her because she didn't wear the band obviously but all we did was wear our bands.

The only thing that sucked once in WWOS every time I entered the arena, j center, or whatever it was annoying. They were just checking peoples park hopper cards/not scanning them but just looking at the cards to make sure they say cheer. This was the easiest and quickest way to get people through the doors. Well since I didn't bring my park hopper cards they would physically get out there scanner and have to scan mine in to make sure I wasn't scamming them to get in. So this is where it slowed me down because as I'm watching all 8 teams running from venue to venue I was the one who held up the line. Lol

Also I know one of our cheerleaders had grabbed her sisters park hopper card so when the bus with the team dropped them off at WWOS for warm ups they wouldn't let her in because the finger print didn't match. So they had to wait for her sister to board a bus and head over there to give her the right park hopper! So just make sure if you have multiple people.. once you use that park hopper you don't accidentally switch with someone else!

(The last part wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just in general!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I went for UCA. I bought a cup and my mom bought one. I was going to make my daughter share mine. Sitting at the table closest to the machines and I noticed a cup that had been there before I got my drinks and 10 mins later still unattended. I approached the cup and there was a full soda in it and the ice had completely melted. I washed the cup out really good and placed it back on the machine. It had the same refill date as mine. So someone must of bought a length of stay mug that day just as I did and filled it and left. I'm assuming the kid probably got sidetracked! Poor kid probably got chewed out by his/her parents for leaving the cup. So that was a win!!!:)

I get that it was going unused but and only a cup but not sure I'd be bragging about it. Sorry, just my $0.02

Pretending to be a parent since 1993

I get that it was going unused but and only a cup but not sure I'd be bragging about it. Sorry, just my $0.02

Well it wasn't really to brag, as i had no problem making my daughter share my drink with me. I more so felt worse for the person who lost there cup because I know I would not be a happy person if my daughter lost one I had bought her for 18.00! As long as it had to have been sitting there they definitely weren't coming back for it they likely had no idea were they left it. Considering it was the day we got there and had just purchased our cups they likely had just purchased theirs because it had the same date on the cup.

People were talking about using their old cups or just refilling it another way. I had no old cups to use as I had never been to Disney but it just so worked out we got an extra cup.

I couldn't get past that paragraph. I actually kept going back to it with a dumbfounded expression. I was always taught if it wasn't mine, I shouldn't take it. I've always defined integrity by what you're willing to do if you know you know one one will ever know you did it. Rob a bank? Give 10k to a charity....

Had a kid come into the office the other day completely convinced it wouldn't go well. He came up to the front desk and said, "I know this didn't happen but did anyone turn in a $20 bill?"

Imagine his surprise when my secretary said, "Yes!" And handed it to him. I thought he would cry. He honestly thought someone would've just picked it up and pocketed it....and I was just as surprised as he was someone did the right thing.

I hope that poor kid didn't come back to the counter there and ask if anyone had turned in his cup. :(

I couldn't get past that paragraph. I actually kept going back to it with a dumbfounded expression. I was always taught if it wasn't mine, I shouldn't take it. I've always defined integrity by what you're willing to do if you know you know one one will ever know you did it. Rob a bank? Give 10k to a charity....

Had a kid come into the office the other day completely convinced it wouldn't go well. He came up to the front desk and said, "I know this didn't happen but did anyone turn in a $20 bill?"

Imagine his surprise when my secretary said, "Yes!" And handed it to him. I thought he would cry. He honestly thought someone would've just picked it up and pocketed it....and I was just as surprised as he was someone did the right thing.

I hope that poor kid didn't come back to the counter there and ask if anyone had turned in his cup. :(
Well considering the ice had completely melted and the drink wasn't even cold I would say it had been sitting there for over an hour. I didn't go in there to steal a cup as I thought about giving mine to people at our gym who were staying longer if they didn't have cups since they were technically good till the 27th.

I guess it could of stayed there till another person picked it up, or the cleaning crew disposed of it? I'm not sure

Well considering the ice had completely melted and the drink wasn't even cold I would say it had been sitting there for over an hour. I didn't go in there to steal a cup as I thought about giving mine to people at our gym who were staying longer if they didn't have cups since they were technically good till the 27th.

I guess it could of stayed there till another person picked it up, or the cleaning crew disposed of it? I'm not sure
We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. At the least you could've done nothing. At the most, you could've turned in on the off chance someone did come back to retrieve what they'd left behind. The bottom line here (for as small as it is) it wasn't yours and in taking it, you taught your daughter that such action is okay. It's not.

Well it wasn't really to brag, as i had no problem making my daughter share my drink with me. I more so felt worse for the person who lost there cup because I know I would not be a happy person if my daughter lost one I had bought her for 18.00! As long as it had to have been sitting there they definitely weren't coming back for it they likely had no idea were they left it. Considering it was the day we got there and had just purchased our cups they likely had just purchased theirs because it had the same date on the cup.

People were talking about using their old cups or just refilling it another way. I had no old cups to use as I had never been to Disney but it just so worked out we got an extra cup.

maybe not a brag but not sure I would have tossed that out there.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. At the least you could've done nothing. At the most, you could've turned in on the off chance someone did come back to retrieve what they'd left behind. The bottom line here (for as small as it is) it wasn't yours and in taking it, you taught your daughter that such action is okay. It's not.

Well if there was a way to even remotely possibly know whose cup that was I would of got it back to them. Those cups aren't tied to our bands so it's not like they could look it up. We had 3 or 4 cheerleaders cup come up missing, I did ask if it was theirs or where they left it but all those people had came in after the day we had arrived so it wasn't their cup. My daughter doesn't think nor do I that taking someone else's belongings is ok. We did not pilfer this cup off of someone or deceive someone into leaving their cup. Someone simply made a mistake and left it behind for whatever reason. Your right I could of turned it in and the first person of many people to say they lost their cup would get it but I honestly didn't think of that. I did feel bad for the person but please don't question my ability in deciding if something is right or wrong just because it isn't something everyone else would do. I made my judgement at that time on what I thought was acceptable. I have turned in lost cell phones and lost keys before because I knew those would make there way into the hands of the right person and they could hopefully get those items back. Sorry for causing an uproar on what I did with a cup that was found

Should I be afraid to record teams on my phone? I don't want to be removed from worlds over that. It's my first year going

Back