All-Star Disney Do's And Don'ts For Uca , Worlds, Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe are good standard restaurants and have just about everything. There are several food trucks there typically that have a lot of really good food. Wetzel Pretzel is there ;). I had Bongo's (I think it's called) one time, it's Cuban food and different than what I'm used to, but it was really good.
I think the Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom is better than the one at Downtown Disney. You don't need to use a park ticket to access the restaurant.

I think the Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom is better than the one at Downtown Disney. You don't need to use a park ticket to access the restaurant.
Agreed, I was trying to think of what else was in Downtown Disney, haven't been there in a while.

I liked Portabello, but it's a little on the pricier side.

Thank you everyone! I'll stay at Holiday Inn right next to Downtown Disney during The Summit, and I never been in that area before so I could use some advice! :D Anything else I shouldn't miss at Downtown Disney?

Thank you everyone! I'll stay at Holiday Inn right next to Downtown Disney during The Summit, and I never been in that area before so I could use some advice! :D Anything else I shouldn't miss at Downtown Disney?

DTD is a fun place to wander and enjoy. The outdoor performers are fun, and I usually wander towards whatever catches my eye. Follow the music and you might find yourself doing a jig at Raglans or playing drums at bongos... Or just enjoy the water and watch the volcano explode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raglan Road has good food with great entertainment (live band and Irish dancers). Wolfgang Puck Express is kind of "fast casual." You place your order at the counter, a server brings it to you, gets refills etc. They have a wide variety of entrees from pizza and sandwiches to pasta and meatloaf. We've been here several times and never had a bad meal.

Best restaurant at Downtown Disney?

Just ate at T-Rex this past weekend- so good! And the staff was amazing!
Quick service I love Earl of Sandwich.
Pricier- nothing beats Fultons.
Agree with the above poster that Rainforest at AK is better than Downtown Disney. Have heard that Wolfgang Puck Express was good too.

Paradiso 37 is good. Another vote for Raglan Road. There is a quick service place right by it that has some of the same things. Love earl of sandwich for casual/quick meals. Now I am hungry!

Best restaurant at Downtown Disney?
For quick service -
*Earl of Sandwich (their "holiday sandwich" is like American thanksgiving on a sandwich & fairly delicious among other things. They also have little grab and go fruit, etc. that is usually quite good. Anything with their brownies = yum)
*Wolfgang Puck Express - Marketplace Area (portion sizes here are fairly good sized so it is easy to share between 2 people....PLUS they have creme brulee!)

For snacks -
*Ghiradelli (ice cream sundaes are easily shareable and good. Walk around to the shop facing World of Disney to be handed a free chocolate square)
*Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC (they sell primarily gluten/allergen free baked goods)
*Disney Food Trucks (they park these on the side near Cirque Du Soleil/Disneyquest usually. They are pretty fun to try)
*Wetzel's Pretzels (kids go nuts over these soft pretzels......)
*Goofy Candy Co. (you can have them make various sweets with whatever toppings you choose)

For table service (sit down meal) -
*Raglan Road (good food, fun atmosphere at night + irish dancers and various live musicians on the weekends usually)
*Bongos (they also have a quick service window on the side. Specializes in cuban food such as rice/meat/plantains,etc, which is fairly good)
*Fulton's Crab House (I've never eaten here but have heard its good)
*Paradiso 37 (also never eaten here but they have a mix of north + south american cuisine. They have a patio with an outdoor bar depending on the season that always looks good LOL)

I would skip Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, & T-Rex honestly unless you want to go for the experience. I have been to all 3 and the food is alright (typical american chain restaurant cuisine - burgers, chicken, salad, pasta, etc.) but in reality you are primarily paying for the atmosphere....

Here's a full list of ALL restaurants on property with reviews + pictures to give you an idea of these places. It's pretty much my favorite blog ever: Disney World Restaurants Guide | the disney food blog

For quick service -
*Earl of Sandwich (their "holiday sandwich" is like American thanksgiving on a sandwich & fairly delicious among other things. They also have little grab and go fruit, etc. that is usually quite good. Anything with their brownies = yum)
*Wolfgang Puck Express - Marketplace Area (portion sizes here are fairly good sized so it is easy to share between 2 people....PLUS they have creme brulee!)

For snacks -
*Ghiradelli (ice cream sundaes are easily shareable and good. Walk around to the shop facing World of Disney to be handed a free chocolate square)
*Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC (they sell primarily gluten/allergen free baked goods)
*Disney Food Trucks (they park these on the side near Cirque Du Soleil/Disneyquest usually. They are pretty fun to try)
*Wetzel's Pretzels (kids go nuts over these soft pretzels......)
*Goofy Candy Co. (you can have them make various sweets with whatever toppings you choose)

For table service (sit down meal) -
*Raglan Road (good food, fun atmosphere at night + irish dancers and various live musicians on the weekends usually)
*Bongos (they also have a quick service window on the side. Specializes in cuban food such as rice/meat/plantains,etc, which is fairly good)
*Fulton's Crab House (I've never eaten here but have heard its good)
*Paradiso 37 (also never eaten here but they have a mix of north + south american cuisine. They have a patio with an outdoor bar depending on the season that always looks good LOL)

I would skip Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, & T-Rex honestly unless you want to go for the experience. I have been to all 3 and the food is alright (typical american chain restaurant cuisine - burgers, chicken, salad, pasta, etc.) but in reality you are primarily paying for the atmosphere....

Here's a full list of ALL restaurants on property with reviews + pictures to give you an idea of these places. It's pretty much my favorite blog ever: Disney World Restaurants Guide | the disney food blog
Perfect, thank you!!

Back