All-Star Disney Do's And Don'ts For Uca , Worlds, Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I like to go to the parks in the evening. It's craziness during the day with long lines and hot weather. In the evening it's less people and much more enjoyable outside. If you go to Magic Kingdom you definitely want to stick around to see the fireworks at 9 pm.

Last year they had a few food trucks on the backside of Milkhouse. On the backside they also have a tv screen with livestream from the arena, if you want to get some sun in between your favorite teams. Overall I gotta say that I like the food at Wide World of Sports. Not the best value, but the salads and sandwiches at Jostens are ok. The pretzel's from the concession stands at Milkhouse are a no-go though, lol.

If you want a Worlds shirt you better grab one fast, because they always get sold out (at least in the smaller sizes).

Last edited:
[q uote="BuegeSmalls, post: 843202, member: 11620"]Wait what?! Okay, sohow do you get into your room? Likej ust like flash the band at the door? Lol I thought you were never allowed to use old cups and my teammates were super sneaky by using old ones. Haha guess not.:)[/quote] Yeah it's just a plastic wrist band that you can snap on and off to fit to your size but there's a Mickey Mouse shape on it so you just hold that it against the sensor on the door or the sensor to get into the parks and it scans.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

[q uote="BuegeSmalls, post: 843202, member: 11620"]Wait what?! Okay, sohow do you get into your room? Likej ust like flash the band at the door? Lol I thought you were never allowed to use old cups and my teammates were super sneaky by using old ones. Haha guess not.:)
Yeah it's just a plastic wrist band that you can snap on and off to fit to your size but there's a Mickey Mouse shape on it so you just hold that it against the sensor on the door or the sensor to get into the parks and it scans.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android[/quote]
That's awesome!!

Thanks everyone!
We are personally going to UCA and Summit if we get a paid bid. We have an at large now but we are trying to convince them to let us go on this! Lol

I think I need to spend a day online researching Disney itself because some of this stuff I don't even understand! I'm sure it will all make sense! If we were just going there I would not be overwhelmed but because it's for competition I'm trying to make sure I don't mess anything up!!

@Kris10boo - feel free to pm me if you have any questions. I am pretty good at the tourist side of disney; but I don't have experience with the competition side of things there (yet!).

We did UCA last year. It's on the schedule this year too as well as our first trip to Worlds.

Only one of mine is competing at UCA which means wed have to buy three Disney park hoppers...so we decided to do Universal during UCA and save the Mickey expenses for Worlds when they'll both be competing and well only have to buy two park hoppers (universal is cheaper than Disney).

We did UCA last year. It's on the schedule this year too as well as our first trip to Worlds.

Only one of mine is competing at UCA which means wed have to buy three Disney park hoppers...so we decided to do Universal during UCA and save the Mickey expenses for Worlds when they'll both be competing and well only have to buy two park hoppers (universal is cheaper than Disney).
Universal is a lot of fun! That's such a smart idea to go to Universal for one comp, and Disney parks for the other. Make sure when you go to Universal to either a) wear your swimsuit under your clothes or b) bring extra shorts and shirts. They have some really fun water rides (the one in the Cartoon area is the best!) but you get soaked!

If you go to Islands of Adventure, make sure to get the Frozen Butterbeer.....so much better than the regular butterbeer. Also, bring anti-headache meds haha. The rides at universal are cool, but very motion-y after awhile (they combine fast jerky motions, light effects, fire effects, and squirting you with water effects all at once on nearly every ride.....again, fun but slightly nauseating by the end of the day or after you eat).

Universal is a lot of fun! That's such a smart idea to go to Universal for one comp, and Disney parks for the other. Make sure when you go to Universal to either a) wear your swimsuit under your clothes or b) bring extra shorts and shirts. They have some really fun water rides (the one in the Cartoon area is the best!) but you get soaked!
well, I can buy 4 (whole family) park to park passes at Universal for the same thing it costs me to buy 3 of the park hoppers for Disney. The last time we were there the kids weren't tall enough to ride the Hulk (including my CP15 who is now 6 feet tall) so they've been pretty vocal that they want to go back. Plus the Harry Potter stuff is all open and I'm really dying to see that.

Oddly my CP13 will probably be less than impressed. She's got a trip to Universal with her school band (literally) the weekend before. The child is doing Orlando 3 times in like 6 weeks.

When it comes to worlds, they'll both have passes through the competition fees so we'll only have to buy the two park hoppers for us. In my mind, I'm saving money....although I truly doubt thats that case.

Anyone know what the daily admission is to UCA? we had park hoppers last year and just breezed in. I'll have to pay that this year for the three of us with the Universal plan.

well, I can buy 4 (whole family) park to park passes at Universal for the same thing it costs me to buy 3 of the park hoppers for Disney. The last time we were there the kids weren't tall enough to ride the Hulk (including my CP15 who is now 6 feet tall) so they've been pretty vocal that they want to go back. Plus the Harry Potter stuff is all open and I'm really dying to see that.

Oddly my CP13 will probably be less than impressed. She's got a trip to Universal with her school band (literally) the weekend before. The child is doing Orlando 3 times in like 6 weeks.

When it comes to worlds, they'll both have passes through the competition fees so we'll only have to buy the two park hoppers for us. In my mind, I'm saving money....although I truly doubt thats that case.

Anyone know what the daily admission is to UCA? we had park hoppers last year and just breezed in. I'll have to pay that this year for the three of us with the Universal plan.
Not sure what the admission to UCA is, but Harry Potter World is so fun! Make sure you get some butterbeer cause it's delicious!

"Tickets will available for purchase onsite at Disney's All Star SportsResort – Celebrity Hall. Limited number of tickets available onsite.

If you are looking for a single day admission, they can be purchased at the box office ticket windows at ESPN Wide World of Sports for $25.00 per person per day starting on March 7, 2012."
Planning Tools | UCA/UDA International All Star Championship | ESPN Wide World of Sports

I like to go to the parks in the evening. It's craziness during the day with long lines and hot weather. In the evening it's less people and much more enjoyable outside. If you go to Magic Kingdom you definitely want to stick around to see the fireworks at 9 pm.

Last year they had a few food trucks on the backside of Milkhouse. On the backside they also have a tv screen with livestream from the arena, if you want to get some sun in between your favorite teams. Overall I gotta say that I like the food at Wide World of Sports. Not the best value, but the salads and sandwiches at Jostens are ok. The pretzel's from the concession stands at Milkhouse are a no-go though, lol.

If you want a Worlds shirt you better grab one fast, because they always get sold out (at least in the smaller sizes).

I literally had the best lobster roll e v e r at a food truck back there.

I had never had one before that, and I ate it for lunch and dinner that day. So good.

"Tickets will available for purchase onsite at Disney's All Star SportsResort – Celebrity Hall. Limited number of tickets available onsite.

If you are looking for a single day admission, they can be purchased at the box office ticket windows at ESPN Wide World of Sports for $25.00 per person per day starting on March 7, 2012."
Planning Tools | UCA/UDA International All Star Championship | ESPN Wide World of Sports
Good lord. $75 to watch 2:30....a day.

Back