All-Star Distance Between Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Are there any major gyms that are less than 30 minutes from each other? If so, are each of these gyms successful? If not, is it due to another gym being close or other factors (economy, competitive high schools, low interest).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

There is a gym on almost every corner in DFW. CA and Spirit are about 30 minutes apart from Spirit's Coppell gym. Both are very successful, it all comes down to coaching style and what works for each athlete, kids migrate between the two programs every year.

DFW is a great example of top gyms being in the same area. Champion (top 5 at worlds in small senior and IOC6)is about 30 min from Spirit, which is about 30 min from CA. There are also many other programs that traditionally put up very strong lv 1-4 teams within this radius. Since these gyms are so close, they push each other throughout the season to be at their absolute best. They are competing against top teams all year , so by NCA/worlds time it is no surprise what is necessary to get scores at the top of the division. I would imagine that places like Atlanta are very similar with their abundance of cheer gyms.

CJA and world cup are fairly close to each other and both placed well at worlds and have amazing teams in many levels.

every gym in New Jersey is close, considering that you could travel the entire state from top to bottom in about 3 hours. CJA and WC could probably be 30 minutes apart, but the roads to Kenilworth aren't pretty during rush hour, which is when most practices are generally happening.

NJ is over-saturated with gyms, IMO, but I do like that if the gym closest to you isn't the right fit, you could probably find your dream gym (whoever that may be) within an hour drive.

In Cali, everything is a little more spead out because we have a lot more area to cover than most. Fierce, the new Cali location and PCM Corona are about 15 minutes away from one another. In San Diego, CF and Cali are within 30 minutes depending on your courage to venture out at certain times throughout the day!

every gym in New Jersey is close, considering that you could travel the entire state from top to bottom in about 3 hours. CJA and WC could probably be 30 minutes apart, but the roads to Kenilworth aren't pretty during rush hour, which is when most practices are generally happening.

NJ is over-saturated with gyms, IMO, but I do like that if the gym closest to you isn't the right fit, you could probably find your dream gym (whoever that may be) within an hour drive.
I love that there are so many gyms in NJ. It meant that CP was able to cheer for the gym that she really loved, not just the one gym that was near us. When our former gym closed, we were blessed with the ability to find the gym that best fit our needs. There are about 6 gyms within 45 minutes from us with even more options if we wanted to travel out of state (same drive time).

Sometimes being so close to other gyms causes more intense rivalry, but if that helps strengthen the athletes and increase their determination then it's win win. The parents can be another story....

CJA and world cup are fairly close to each other and both placed well at worlds and have amazing teams in many levels.

Yes and no. NJ traffic is horrible at rush hour. While I was at school, CJA was about 15 minutes south of me on the Parkway at 9PM and about 45 minutes at 5PM. WC was another hour or so, without traffic...I can't even imagine what that drive would be like with traffic.

There are about 100000000000 people in NJ and pretty much 2 major roads to get them everywhere.

Yes and no. NJ traffic is horrible at rush hour. While I was at school, CJA was about 15 minutes south of me on the Parkway at 9PM and about 45 minutes at 5PM. WC was another hour or so, without traffic...I can't even imagine what that drive would be like with traffic.

There are about 100000000000 people in NJ and pretty much 2 major roads to get them everywhere.

Rt 9 has traffic 24 hrs...I despise that road.

I believe the two Green Bay Elite locations are about a half hour away from each other, give or take a few minutes.

Don't even get my started on the Garden State Parkway around exits 144/146.

The Newark area....had to drive it many times when my sister had surgery at UMDNJ. Only really bad at rush hour...which was always more than an hour ;)

The Newark area....had to drive it many times when my sister had surgery at UMDNJ. Only really bad at rush hour...which was always more than an hour ;)
Yup. I went to school in South Orange and babysat in Short Hills. 6 miles...30 minutes. Always a good time. Thanking God to be back on Maryland roads!

Back