All-Star Do All Your Teams/parents Sit Together At Competitions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our gym uses the sister team method at local competitions, I love this option. Most of the time I'll opt to come and see the earlier teams perform. But there is still a nice crowd to cheer on each team. This eliminates the excuses to leave because no one has to stay more than 3 hours. At travel competitions everyone is required to watch every team on day 1, day 2 is optional, but everyone is usually there, especially if a team is in a really close competition.

Aw thanks! Yes, we've narrowed it down to 2 or 3. We love the one we're with, but it's just too expensive. It'd be one thing if they all cost that much, but I've found 3 that are closer to me and about $100/month cheaper! We have 2 comps left, so I thought I'd check out the other gyms at comp too (I think you can see a lot of their environment even away from their gym). And we'll visit each one once or twice in April. That way by May we'll be ready to go!

My girls know I love to stay and watch the whole comp anyway--and now my little one is getting used to it. Plus she's getting big enough that watching the older girls is motivating for her. And you're right--she looooooooves when the Seniors cheer her little Mini team on. One of them yelled "Get it Mini's!!!" at her last comp last season and she cracked up laughing on the mat! :D

there's always room at Ultimate Athletics?

We have about 400 hundred athletes at our gym (Ultimate Athletics) so it is pretty much imposible for everyone to sit together at competitions but, when one of our teams goes out on the floor to perform, everyone from UA is there to support that team. This includes not only the parents but the other teams, coaches and owners, it's one of the reasons I love that my kids cheer for UA!

there's always room at Ultimate Athletics?

:( I know...but it's just toooo far. We'd have to come from my job (South Loop in the city) and I tried to drive it once. I gave up halfway there because of all the traffic--we'd get there at the end of practice.

We found a place though. Turns out our tumbling coach from where we're at now is going there too so that helped us make a decision. We have 2 competitions left with our gym now and then we move on. :(:) (Both--happy for new beginnings, sad to leave).

all the parents of one team (like minis) sit together..well try too. some comps its just too crowed and cant find enough seats for all of us. But staying to watch to older ones..EH..i know its great but why dont the older ones come early to watch the younger ones? At times I will if i know someone on the older team but when my kids are getting exhausted and annoying that's when its time to go back to the hotel and take a tap!!! then swim in the pool! THEN come back and watch the older teams.

:( I know...but it's just toooo far. We'd have to come from my job (South Loop in the city) and I tried to drive it once. I gave up halfway there because of all the traffic--we'd get there at the end of practice.

We found a place though. Turns out our tumbling coach from where we're at now is going there too so that helped us make a decision. We have 2 competitions left with our gym now and then we move on. :(:) (Both--happy for new beginnings, sad to leave).

Good luck to you and your CPs at whatever gym you choose.

It is not just the minis that get forgotten ... Our open 6 usually has the smallest group to cheer them on :-( ... This awesome team usually goes on last in the rotation and because of their age don't have a lot of parents in tow... :-( :-( ... Sometime we all have to remember to give those girls a shout out too and make the sr girls stay for them .... Lol minis usually at least have a mom or dad who drove them ...

When it comes to tiny and mini teams, it's best to just let them come, do their thing, and take off. With some of those kids being as young as 3, it would be hard to keep them interested long enough to stay for anything higher then their division.
I do love the sister team idea for youth and higher! As a junior team we usually were the 1st ones at the comp, some of the older kids would come but not whole teams.

It is not just the minis that get forgotten ... Our open 6 usually has the smallest group to cheer them on :-( ... This awesome team usually goes on last in the rotation and because of their age don't have a lot of parents in tow... :-( :-( ... Sometime we all have to remember to give those girls a shout out too and make the sr girls stay for them .... Lol minis usually at least have a mom or dad who drove them ...
Thanks for the Shout Out!!!

Back