All-Star Do Big Gyms Have Copyright?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Newcheerdad has challenged Kingston and Acedad. Gutsy.

Do most gyms in america have a logo?! Like here in the UK, we have maybe our gym name in the same font everytime, nothing like picturescue<3 *sorry for spelling*!

I don't think anyone can say if EVERY program has a trademark or copyright to their logo. It would be smart business practice to do that at the beginning when you start your business and you've gotten some responses from people who have.

The smart thing to do with any business (not just cheer) if you want to use their logo is to ask permission from them before you do it. There are lots of people who harmlessly use logos everyday without trying to get any personal gain and no one ever goes after them. Realize anytime you use a trademarked or copyrighted piece of property (logo, saying, merchandise, etc) you open yourself to legal action.

He did stay with the facts however, so he is in good with Shark Dad

I like everybody. . . I just try to point out innacuracies in people's arguements before they get out of hand.

newcheerdad seems to be holding his own pretty well.

There are no references to Sharkdads anywhere in Sharkweek or on the discovery channel. I claim intellectual rights (trademark is pending)

I don't think anyone can say if EVERY program has a trademark or copyright to their logo. It would be smart business practice to do that at the beginning when you start your business and you've gotten some responses from people who have.

The smart thing to do with any business (not just cheer) if you want to use their logo is to ask permission from them before you do it. There are lots of people who harmlessly use logos everyday without trying to get any personal gain and no one ever goes after them. Realize anytime you use a trademarked or copyrighted piece of property (logo, saying, merchandise, etc) you open yourself to legal action.

Fair use doctrine applies to trademarks as well. I'm not a lawyer though, so I'm probably going to be quiet before this gets WAY out of my depth. :)

I like everybody. . . I just try to point out innacuracies in people's arguements before they get out of hand.

newcheerdad seems to be holding his own pretty well.

Seems like a task no single man could bear alone... I too shall take arms against a sea of inaccuracies!! And by opposing, end them

lol they DO have a copyright on their logo...., but I wasnt sure if this was the type of copyright being discussed :)

Back