Does Anyone Know Of Any Good Cheer Teams In The Nyc Area?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 18, 2012
I recently just moved to NYC and I know NYC is very very big on dancing but I was wondering if there are any cheerleading teams near or in NYC that anyone knows of or has heard of?

Try out New York Cheer and CNY (I think they both have several locations). Really great programs!!!

Cny is a great program but to far from NYC!! There is a program on long island I think they have a new name world cup has a smaller program in staten island and there are plenty options in new jersey that are accessible through mass transit ...in jersey city and west ny

Oh my years-long dilemma. Unfortunately, I don't know of any cheer gyms in NYC proper. I know Staten Island is considered one of the 5, but it can be crazy to get to depending on WHERE in NYC you live (I'm in Queens, so uhh no lol). They had 2 or 3 gyms out there. There are some teeny-tiny sort-of 'gyms' out of a couple sports complexes, I know Brooklyn Aviators was one, not sure if they are still around or what levels/ages they have. There are some over into Jersey, some upstate, and some on LI- but again, depending on where you live and your schedule, it can be difficult.

BowCat and I are DETERMINED to start our own gym there someday. Oh to be filled with disposable income..

kristenthegreat Wonder how much we could make with edible bagel/pretzel bows… I mean they'd have to buy new practice bows every other other training session… Magnolia cupcakes for competitions.

My daughter's friend moved to NY last year and cheers for New York Cheer Allstars. I am not exactly sure where they are located as she is somewhere in the suburbs, but she is really happy there.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Since I'm in Manhattan I just have to find a team that's kind of close by! lol

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Since I'm in Manhattan I just have to find a team that's kind of close by! lol

Currently building a team we are in queens, right next door to the BX. If your interested and serious I'd love to talk with you... we are launching this month and recruiting... ICE cheerleaders | JAMAICA LADY BULLDOGS COMPETITION TEAM ICE Next week it should be fully done.. but you can kind of watch from a far if you like.. Spread the word in NYC.. That CHEER has entered the 5 Boroughs...:cheering:

Back