All-Star Does Anyone Reember.........

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
I've been searching the board for the thread where UCA made a mistake with a bid and ended up having to give Brandon Sr White a bid...can anyone refresh my memory on the specifics please?

I've been searching the board for the thread where UCA made a mistake with a bid and ended up having to give Brandon Sr White a bid...can anyone refresh my memory on the specifics please?
The UCA staff misread a spreadsheet where all the teams at the competition who already had full paid bids were listed. Senior Black, the small small team already had one. That teams name was abbreviated on the sheet, and UCA took it to mean Senior White, the Semi Ltd team. Even though they had the highest score of the unpaid teams, UCA skipped over them for the paid bid and awarded it to another team.

UCA corrected their mistake by letting the team who was mistakenly awarded the money keep their full paid bid and also awarded Brandon Senior White with a paid bid.

The UCA staff misread a spreadsheet where all the teams at the competition who already had full paid bids were listed. Senior Black, the small small team already had one. That teams name was abbreviated on the sheet, and UCA took it to mean Senior White, the Semi Ltd team. Even though they had the highest score of the unpaid teams, UCA skipped over them for the paid bid and awarded it to another team.

UCA corrected their mistake by letting the team who was mistakenly awarded the money keep their full paid bid and also awarded Brandon Senior White with a paid bid.

Now that was one expensive mistake.

or whatever ended up happening with the gymtyme black routine?

I believe that it was said to be "illegal" and then went back to being "legal" because the interpretation of the rule was "iffy" to some. I could see them changing the stunt for NCA though because it can be seen as illegal to those judges and cost them the win. Messy situation for all parties involved. I am guessing that is the routine that is being talked about unless something else has come up about it.

As for the mistake by UCA, yes that was a very expensive mistake but I am glad that they corrected it the way they did. It would have been heart breaking if they would have taken away the paid bid and gave it to Brandon. Kudos to UCA for fixing their mistake and owning up to it.

Say a score was added/scored wrong and another team was awarded a paid worlds bid...then the mistake was found...what would happen? Do you think an event producer can award another bid or would it have to go through the USASF for approval? I googled the Brandon incident and read the article and some of the board mmbers voted it down, but enough made it pass...just very curious.

Say a score was added/scored wrong and another team was awarded a paid worlds bid...then the mistake was found...what would happen? Do you think an event producer can award another bid or would it have to go through the USASF for approval? I googled the Brandon incident and read the article and some of the board mmbers voted it down, but enough made it pass...just very curious.

It had to be approved by the USASF board or any event producer could just randomly award bids in whatever amount they wanted.

Back