All-Star Does Jeff Webb Still Own Varsity?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think Jeff Webb is CEO of Herff Jones or does something more with Herff Jones than he does Varsity Spirit. I could be wrong though.

Interesting. I can't help but wonder if this was Jeff Webb's choice or not. He is getting older, maybe he wants to step back a little. Maybe the partners he sold to felt he needed to be replaced?

Either way, I don't love that the new CEO of cheerleading (because that's what varsity claims to be) comes from the fashion industry. He seems very qualified to be the CEO of a large corporation with the experience they listed, but does he know anything about cheerleading? Events, gyms, what equipment is needed, the history of our sport? That worries me a little if not!

Further proof that cheer has become a firm member of the business community, and less the sports community.

USASF is the rules and governing body of allstar. AACCA is the rules (IDK governing body) of school cheer.

Varsity Spirit is a business that serves cheerleading for uniforms, camps, music, bows, clothing, and events. Varsity Spirit is an arm of a bigger company that does a lot more stuff.

Think Alphabet and Google. Alphabet does lots of stuff, Google does search.

USASF is the rules and governing body of allstar. AACCA is the rules (IDK governing body) of school cheer.

Varsity Spirit is a business that serves cheerleading for uniforms, camps, music, bows, clothing, and events. Varsity Spirit is an arm of a bigger company that does a lot more stuff.

Think Alphabet and Google. Alphabet does lots of stuff, Google does search.

Google does a lot more than just search, but Alphabet is the parent company of all the brands and companies that Google bot bought that don't necessarily fit into Google's products (think Nest - the thermostat)

Last edited:
Google does a lot more than just search, but Alphabet is the parent company of all the brands and companies that Google bot that don't necessarily fit into Google's products (think Nest - the thermostat)
Hahaha 'bot'

Whether it's sales, buying, management, operations, finance, advertising, design, technology, merchandising, customer service, legal, loss prevention, entertainment, event planning, training, choreography, music mixing, etc. they are all a part of the sport business world. Its pretty fantastic, IMO, those that love cheer, or any sport, can continue being a part of it working in a field they enjoy.

Reading these articles has made me realize that:

1. Jeff Webb is one of the wealthiest people in America. He runs (ran) a billion dollar, privately owned, corporation. This placed him on a whole different level of influence and accessibility. Far beyond the realm of cheer.
  2. Varsity Brands has as much to do with Cheerleading, as Google has to do with a search engine, or Apple with a personal computer.

1. Jeff Webb is one of the wealthiest people in America. He runs (ran) a billion dollar, privately owned, corporation. This placed him on a whole different level of influence and accessibility. Far beyond the realm of cheer.
  2. Varsity Brands has as much to do with Cheerleading, as Google has to do with a search engine, or Apple with a personal computer.
Pretty much! My husband and I had this exact discussion last night. Varsity IS cheer. He really was so far ahead of the "cheer innovation" game that he made his brand virtually untouchable. He's a great businessman.

Not quite. Wealthiest in cheerleading... probably so.
http://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/list/#version:static
The Richest People in America List - Forbes
Here's last years Forbes 400 list. I don't know what his worth is, but it didn't make top 400. He probably isn't even really that close when you're looking at oil, real estate, and tech company wealth. You also have to take into account the uber wealthy who pay to not get listed on this list.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/list/#version:static
Here's last years Forbes 400 list. I don't know what his worth is, but it didn't make top 400. He probably isn't even really that close when you're looking at oil, real estate, and tech company wealth. You also have to take into account the uber wealthy who pay to not get listed on this list.
Never considered the security aspect... I once read about a Russian billionaire who changed phone numbers every week and did a number of other crazy things in order to protect himself and his family, especially his only child (a girl, if that means anything) because there are kidnappers who take wealthy people's kids and order huge amounts of ransom money for their return.

There are plenty of extremely wealthy Americans who don't make those lists. His company was worth over $1.2billion before he sold it. Umm..yeah, even if he's #432 on the list, I'd say he's pretty darn wealthy.

Latest posts

Back