All-Star Does Your Gym Conduct Functional Movement Screenings On Athletes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We don't, but it's tied in with our schooling here, usually at Kindergarten. No one gets out of Kindergarten without going through several tests, one of which includes FMS. Schools them pull in OT/PT's, SLP's, etc. whatever the kids needs to get up to level

Not an all-star cheerleader, so I prob won't help with your question but for college we have to do the baseline concussion test.

I wish we had to do a movement baseline test either in HS or in college though because during my physical therapy after I got hurt, they said if I had been required to take one I would have found out that I was at a higher risk to tear my ACL cause of how my knees bend & hyper extend and could have possibly prevented the injury. Baseline tests are a good idea in my opinion but I don't know how you could enforce an allstar team to get them.

Inserting a personal plug again lol, if any gym wants it done for there athletes hit me up haha!! I think this should be done for all athletes, but I know that it's not always feasible.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We at Carolina actually are implementing all of the above as well as a base line agility test to track athletes progress in the strength and conditioning stand point. We also have a certified Paramedic on staff at all hours the gym is open. We are looking at getting the rest of our staff trained in basic CPR as well as USAG and USASF certified. Because even though USASF is what is required in our sport. USAG is what came first and is the industry standard for skills and fundamentals.

This year we offer concussion testing which I think is great as I know a lot of cheerleaders (myself included) who have competed and practiced with a concussion and shouldn't be. We also have concussion helmets for practice and competing if it's needed.

Back