All-Star Does Your Gym Give A Spring Break?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes unfortunately. IDK about you but I don't like not practicing! There are still private tumbling classes and open gyms though.

We do not have spring break for any teams.... yes people go out of town and a lot of people are missing but there is nothing wrong with continuing practices and building tumbling skills before tryouts.

Worlds team has been missing quite a few each practice but people that are there are accomplishing new skills and conditioning our bodies :)

same here. my gym doesnt have a spring break but they do excuse those who miss practice due to vacation. we usually just work on stunting or tumble during those practices.

I disagree. We have our kids the week off after we got our paid bid (I was rough on them the two weeks before the event, so I felt they earned a break fro my constant criteques) and when they came back - they were SOOOO out of shape from that week off.

I agree, we got a week break (2 practices) and the next practice was sooo hard. Its hard to believe but that 1 week off does really make a diff.

We have a 2 week break whilst our L6 team goes to Worlds (because the coaches are going too, so will be in the USA) but will probably still have tumbling if someone is around to take it.

We got a week at Christmas and I think we get a couple of weeks in the Summer, but as our last competition is Jamfest Europe in late June, and then tryouts are September, summer is more chilled.

Our gym has spring break which falls the week after Level 1-4s last comp. There won't be team practice but there are stunt camps, tumble camps, open gym, etc. daily. It's all optional but most athletes (and their dedicated coaches) will be there.

We are told at the tryout meetings that if placed on a world's team, you will not be given a spring break, and they will gladly put you on a non-worlds team if the senior trip to Cancun or cruise is THAT important to you, OR you can just go to one of t gyms in the surrounding area-
But to be honest, i think giving up spring break gives you the mentality of how much you want it... idk just my opinion

We do have spring break(not for our Worlds Teams) but on Monday we have a tumble camp, tuesday a stunt camp, Wed and Thursday open gym. My daughter will be there everyday lol!

We had our spring break about 3 weeks ago and it was from the Thursday before UCA to the Wednesday after UCA. And our Worlds team was included because two of the kids on the teams that went to UCA are also on the Worlds team.

Our gym closes for spring break because our coaches always go out of town, and honestly a lot of the cheerleaders go too, even if practice were mandatory. This year at least it coincides with an out of town competition the weekend spring break starts.

No break for us! Our kids in some school districts have 2 weeks off, so they get a big break from school. We do honor some vacation requests.

We get 2 weeks break at christmas, but people go on holiday throughout the year (mainly in summer so our coach doesn't mind as we don't go to comps around summer) :)

Nope, but my spring break fell on Spirit Sports so I got to enjoy the beach before competition weekend =)

our team doesnt give a spring break and i love that because all you have to worry about on spring break is just cheer <----which is my favorite thing :D

Back