OT Elf Makeup Products

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
pantherscheer2010
FierceIsTheName

Do you think the maybelline color tattoos would work as a gel liner if you used an angled brush?
yeah definitely! they'd probably actually be really good because once they set they're not going anywhere, so you definitely wouldn't have to worry about smudging :) they're a really similar consistency to my favorite gel liner (which smashbox discontinued :mad:). i'd probaby try mine that way if i ever had a reason to wear metallic pink eyeliner :p

So I just placed a large order of ELF makeup online after recently discovering them in Target....and they are having a special online right now where if you order at least $20 worth of stuff you get this special package of stuff worth like $50+ in addition to your stuff. So basically I just paid $25 including shipping for about $80 worth of stuff!!! and im getting 18 items!! I can't wait to let you all know what I think

I used to be an amateur beauty guru on youtube and have tried a lot of their products (as well as dozens of other brands). Any questions, feel free to ask! I've found a lot of 'dupes' for expensive products.

Eyeshadow primer- awful! primer is an essential part of applying makeup, especially for competitions, but elf's crease so much. The consistency is too liquidy and it breaks up between your fingers. it's not even worth it.

Lipgloss- I recommend the gloss from their mineral line. it's not chunky or sticky

Lipstick- their mineral lipstick is pretty good! you have to be careful when ordering online because the colors are not true to the website samples

Eyeshadow- I'm not a fan. It's not pigmented and the glitter is very chunky. It hardly shows up.

Concealer/Foundation- Not ideal for a lot of skin tones/types. The concealer creases under eyes, and is not buildable. It doesn't blend well, and stands out from foundation. I would recommend this for someone in middle school who doesn't really need to conceal anything, but is adamant about wearing makeup to compete like her friends.

Mascara/Eyeliner- avoid them like the plague

Brushes- I love the brushes from their studio collection.

Other- They make a product called Complexion Perfection which is great for absorbing moisture on your face without messing up your makeup

mstealtoyou for your primer situation. Urban Decay original Primer Potion and TooFaced Shadow Insurance are equally as good. I would suggest going to Sephora. They give samples for you to take home and try out. As for a sample of the TooFaced Shadow Insurance. It's in a tube and is easy to give a sample of (i've sampled it before). When applying it, don't use too much and to spread it over the lid use light pats instead of smearing it. you want it to coat the eye, not wipe off. Be careful not to get it on the eyelashes, and if you do rub it off gently but asap. it's noticeable even with mascara. I have used both of these products for years and my makeup stays all day. it doesn't crease or flake off.

Using a creme shadow as a base to make eyeshadow colors does work. NYX jumbo pencils work well. For best results, use an eyeshadow primer under. Actually, if you have a decent shadow, you won't need a creme base at all. I can recommend some inexpensive eyeshadow brands that are pretty well pigmented if you like.

Remember, makeup expires. There's an indicator for best use on the bottom of most cosmetics. You can extend their wear, but don't become frustrated when a mascara is giving you trouble after 2 years. Throw it out.

WOW......thank you for all that information. I appreciate it!!!

Mascara/Eyeliner- avoid them like the plague
I have the liquid eyeliner right now. I actually like it. Just have to make sure it's the one with the actual brush not like the felt tip wand "brush". I've had that one before and its much harder to use.

Here we can only get IT online and i love ordering from them because its so much fun getting a package with cheap make-up:)

I love their candy strawberry showergel, unfortunally its no longer available:(
I always order the mattifying papers, other brands are too expensive and dont work half that good.
they also got a two sided pen in the studio collection. Its so easy to keep in my purse and quickly apply when i need to go somewhere. One side is a thick shimmery color, the other is a matching eyeliner.
Only bad point is their colors online dont always match the reality.

Our former gym used ELF for competition makeup a few years ago. We did not like it...and we're charged $40 for the makeup kit (would have been $5 total at Target)! The only item we liked was the powdered eye shadow.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back