Emailing College Coaches

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 6, 2012
Hi i am getting ready to be a senior in HS and I need to start emailing college cheer coaches but have no clue what to say so i was wondering if I could get some help with what exactly should be in these emails!

Introduce yourself:
  • Name
  • Grade in school
  • Hometown
  • What teams you cheer for (high school? all star? where?)
  • No more than 2 sentences on your cheer experience
Ask about the school/program (Genuine questions-- not ones you already know the answer to. Make sure that this information isn't on their website before you ask questions. You want to show that you did your research.)
  • What skills do they look for?
  • What sports do they cheer for?
  • When are tryouts?
  • Do they have open practices that you can watch? Recruiting days?
Thank them for their time and let them know that you're excited to learn more about the cheerleading program.

Introduce yourself:
  • Name
  • Grade in school
  • Hometown
  • What teams you cheer for (high school? all star? where?)
  • No more than 2 sentences on your cheer experience
Ask about the school/program (Genuine questions-- not ones you already know the answer to. Make sure that this information isn't on their website before you ask questions. You want to show that you did your research.)
  • What skills do they look for?
  • What sports do they cheer for?
  • When are tryouts?
  • Do they have open practices that you can watch? Recruiting days?
Thank them for their time and let them know that you're excited to learn more about the cheerleading program.

that helped a lot thank you so much:) so if i am interested in the all girl program and they don't have a specific email for the all girl coach should i just email the Coordinator?

that helped a lot thank you so much:) so if i am interested in the all girl program and they don't have a specific email for the all girl coach should i just email the Coordinator?
Yup. Just tell them that you're interested in all girl and ask if he/she is the correct person to contact. If the coordinator isn't the person in charge of all girl, he/she will point you in the right direction.

When u schedule college visits/tours, also schedule a meeting with the cheer coach (allowing time to get from one activity to the next), or ask to observe a practice. Meeting the coach before tryouts definitely influenced my daughter's decision on where she wanted to tryout since she would be spending a lot of time in the gym and with the coaching staff. She loves her college and her cheer coach!

Lee Franconia Cheer

Back