All-Star Enough Already!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lazydaisytoo

Cheer Parent
Mar 2, 2013
This winter weather is wearing me out!

Gym had to be closed Monday due to snow. We were able to make it to tumbling last night. Now we're waking up to ice. No school again. Lots of people without power, and not sure if the gym has power.

At this rate, we may not even get in a single practice before BATC. Oh, and the kids may be in school till the end of June. No snow days left, and today will have to be made up somewhere.

This winter weather is wearing me out!

Gym had to be closed Monday due to snow. We were able to make it to tumbling last night. Now we're waking up to ice. No school again. Lots of people without power, and not sure if the gym has power.

At this rate, we may not even get in a single practice before BATC. Oh, and the kids may be in school till the end of June. No snow days left, and today will have to be made up somewhere.
I hear you!! Ours was closed Monday and I have a feeeling it will be today as well since almost all of the schools are closed due to weather again. We are not going to BATC this year but I am actually so thankful we do not have it on the schedule because aside from the canceled practices, there is supposed to be another big storm Sunday night into Monday and that would be right when we were driving home from the comp. We've used 3 out of 4 snow days so far, if we go over 4 they start taking days off of spring break.

We've used 3 out of 4 snow days so far, if we go over 4 they start taking days off of spring break.

We had already used all of ours. They are taking a day from Presidents weekend, but that was used up on Monday. So today we are in the hole again.

And yes, I'm worried about getting home from DC. I wouldn't mind staying an extra day or two, but I'd change hotels to avoid paying the ridic price at the Gaylord.

We have a 2 hour delay. Only because they don't want to make it up, i assume, since it's snowing sideways and I have no idea how I will get out of my driveway. The gym never closes. Not ever!

When we had quite a few ice/snow days several years ago and used up all our built-in snow days, our schools just added 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the afternoon to our school days starting in March and the kids got out of school on the scheduled last day. Somehow the added time made up for all our missed days :)

We have a 2 hour delay. Only because they don't want to make it up, i assume, since it's snowing sideways and I have no idea how I will get out of my driveway. The gym never closes. Not ever!
I think we'd need mountain climbing gear to get to our gym's door. The street it's on has a pretty steep grade. There's an old joke that people from Roxborough/Manayunk all have one leg longer than the other due to growing up on the hills.

The entire city is without power, roads are cover in ice, 35+ accidents, yet I only have a two hour delay. I hate college :banghead:

I think we'd need mountain climbing gear to get to our gym's door. The street it's on has a pretty steep grade. There's an old joke that people from Roxborough/Manayunk all have one leg longer than the other due to growing up on the hills.
It's times like these that I'm glad to be taking the season off! Couldn't imagine how dangerous it would be to get to the gyms door! Hope you guys are staying safe, and good luck this weekend at BATC! Miss my SKKY family! <3 Oh, and huge congrats to J2 and the rest of the gym on their huge successes this past weekend! :cheering:

We practice Mondays & Wednesdays......we got snowed out Monday & now we got snowed out today.....
we have BATC this weekend..........ughhhhhh.
we are cramming the gym tomorrow night to get all our teams in for at least a little bit.

We have a comp this weekend and had tocancel practice yesterday due to the snow..... After already shortening Sunday practices for the Super Bowl. We scheduled an extra practice Friday night for all teams together.... I'm hoping we don't have tomorrow cancelled too because it will be our only individual team practice all week!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Meanwhile in South Carolina

tumblr_m78dqv2Ccj1r2gru0o1_400.gif

Just kidding. It is 65 today, though.

Back