All-Star Espn Worlds Coverage Dissapointment

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ESPN is not responsible for the material selected from what I understand. It is paid for by Varsity.

Yeah its not ESPN producing this its varsity. And they do need to show International divisions or it does become USASF Nationals as someone else has said.

To be fair, ICU is a separate competition and was aired on a different channel.

I think they should have showed less IOC6 teams, but only 1 of those teams competed in ICU. They showed 5 teams i think? And I don't think they showed all of Stingrays. If you're an outsider watching this broadcast of worlds, and they showed only the senior teams, you're going to scratch your head and say "how is this a world championship, there's only US teams?"

And all of these comments on here and twitter saying "well they should have showed top 3 from every division" clearly mean "they should have showed top 3 from every senior division."

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
If we are going to be "fair" then why is USASF pitching the success of teams on a UCA camp?
I mean USASF isn't Varsity right?

Blah to you and your logic lol.
ICU should be used to how all of that. Worlds should be top 3 from sm, med, lrg all girl and coed.

Well...it is international governance being sought. American market is saturated. ICU is looking to gather support from other countries. Sport Accord proposal is about the growth of cheerleading internationally and I could be wrong, but it is the crowd leading model as signed off of last August.

Well...it is international governance being sought. American market is saturated. ICU is looking to gather support from other countries. Sport Accord proposal is about the growth of cheerleading internationally and I could be wrong, but it is the crowd leading model as signed off of last August.
Touché! Thank you for the clarification.

To be fair, ICU is a separate competition and was aired on a different channel.

I think they should have showed less IOC6 teams, but only 1 of those teams competed in ICU. They showed 5 teams i think? And I don't think they showed all of Stingrays. If you're an outsider watching this broadcast of worlds, and they showed only the senior teams, you're going to scratch your head and say "how is this a world championship, there's only US teams?"

And all of these comments on here and twitter saying "well they should have showed top 3 from every division" clearly mean "they should have showed top 3 from every senior division."

No, I actually mean SHOW THE TOP THREE IN EVERY DIVISION. If you aren't apart of that, sorry not sorry you're not on ESPN whoever you are and whatever your team is.

Showing the top three this year in every division including international divisions would've shown diversity.

No, I actually mean SHOW THE TOP THREE IN EVERY DIVISION. If you aren't apart of that, sorry not sorry you're not on ESPN whoever you are and whatever your team is.

Showing the top three this year in every division including international divisions would've shown diversity.

But that's 30 teams! What did they show today, 5 ioc6, 3 small senior, and 4 large senior? I could be wrong on that by a few teams, but that's only 12.

I agree that Varsity (sorry, USASF) should have bought a second hour though, like other competitions have been. Maybe it would have been possible then, but they'd have to cut out the interviews.

As an aside - after the mess up with large senior awards, I'm not surprised they didn't show large senior awards.

But that's 30 teams! What did they show today, 5 ioc6, 3 small senior, and 4 large senior? I could be wrong on that by a few teams, but that's only 12.

I agree that Varsity (sorry, USASF) should have bought a second hour though, like other competitions have been. Maybe it would have been possible then, but they'd have to cut out the interviews.

As an aside - after the mess up with large senior awards, I'm not surprised they didn't show large senior awards.

Then buy another hour. Or cut out all the silly and pointless Simon and Garfunkel nonsense where the commentators do nothing for an hour besides speak for the sake of speaking.

I totally agree. Show the top 3 teams in all divisions and cut out the nonsense from the idiots who don't even know cheer. I have SO had my fill of Amy Bender and Amanda Borden. Buy another hour and make it fair.

Back