All-Star Espn Worlds Coverage Dissapointment

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My friend right now messaged me out of the blue saying she was watching Worlds on ESPN out of the blue and how she thinks it's adorable that the stunt partners got married.

So I guess...something...is working?

My coworker told me he watched this weekend and that I've ruined cheer for him because now he sees all the athleticism that he never paid attention to before. Because, you know, he's a guy.

I don't have a point with that, but he told me and I was like "oh."

My coworker told me he watched this weekend and that I've ruined cheer for him because now he sees all the athleticism that he never paid attention to before. Because, you know, he's a guy.

I don't have a point with that, but he told me and I was like "oh."

My mom watched it and all she could say was "wow those other teams were a lot better than you guys!"... thanks mom.

It should be longer than an hour. I think it would've been fun to show a 'highlight' of a few that made it out of day one, a highlight of a few that made it to day two and the final three out of each division. Get rid of the ridiculous commentary and the interviews. We would rather see cheerleading, although I think we all love awards....but the backstage interviews are taking up valuable time that you could actually show a highlight of some hard-working teams trying to make it to finals. If all of these other sports shows can be hours long.....why not one of the growing sports in our country?

ps...are the videos ever going to be available on varsity tv? Still deciding on forking over $49 per performance day for my cps video so I can see them again. Ughhhhh $98 for something I'm dying to see again when I have summer fees, prac clothes, new shoes, new unis, etc. coming up that are a necessity. That's just a crazy, outrageous fee right there.

This discussion will take place every year after the coverage airs on TV. I was not happy with the coverage but I also realize that everyone has favorite teams and not all of them will get air time which will get everyone angry. I'm not sure what the solution is but maybe an extra hour of coverage or two separate shows with different divisions, each one hour long? Either way I expect this conversation to take place annually. As much as I would like to slam Varsity for this you just can't please everyone.

I am the other side of the fence with this topic. I thought the coverage was nice and really enjoyed the interviews back stage. The commentators were pretty knowledgeable in regards to stunts and tumbling. I also liked how they reviewed the last 10 years of Worlds with the original teams who competed. I just wish they made it into 3 different shows so we could see top 5 from each division.

On a side note.. I really enjoyed small senior 5. I can't wait for ICE or CEA to take that title, but congrats to CA small senior for winning.

What's funny is my dad was a professional rugby player, a lawyer, kind of quiet and conservative. Due to watching worlds live and on ESPN, my dad has started to text me "wow senior elite are outdoing everyone" or "panthers have the best execution"

My siblings, all in cheer too, and I are seriously starting to get worried.

i get why they show the IOC6 division. its called worlds for a reason. glad they showed large all girl this year, last year they didnt show any, except 5 seconds of senior elite. but yes, the lack of coed was disappointing.
i think they just need to show the top three in every division or at least of the large and small divisions. along with maybe the top 5 of IOC6.
:rolleyes: but knowing them they have NEVER done that. so we can all just hope they will come around, and show more.
which is exactly why i beg for people to post as much vid as they can, cause i can never rely on espn to show much.

Side note: I was just watching Senior Elite on my DVR and my cousin came and sat next to me and was like are they like college? I'm like ehh yeah better in some ways. And then he's like are you on this team? I'm like yeah that's me in the back and picked some random girl with blonde hair and he believed me hahaha. So funny.

Tonight I was watching worlds from 2010 and 2011 and I was shocked not only the uniform changes but how fast skills advance. Also in years past it seems as though they get more teams in the hour.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Tonight I was watching worlds from 2010 and 2011 and I was shocked not only the uniform changes but how fast skills advance. Also in years past it seems as though they get more teams in the hour.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

More divisions mean less teams shown.

Back