All-Star Extreme Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Suing for not completing the show is one thing. I don't think they can sue if the Butlers refused to add fake drama, unless there is a stipulation in the contract that says so. But based on what Mr. Butler has stated, surely they would never have agreed to that.
also like John stated, they (the producers/directors) refused to stop filming until they got what they wanted.

okay, i am in no way trying to be rude, but I think you clearly didn't read this whole thread. John stated that they tried to say no, but that they (the producers/lifetime) threatened to sue them (the butlers) if they didn't continue to go along with this because of contracts.
I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree.

I'm not sure what state they filmed in. I'm assuming FL and I don't know FL law, but I don't know that their lawsuit would hold up in court. Anyway if it did, this guy spends $100k a year on cheer.... How much could they sue him far??? I'd fight it before I'd allow this station to take advantage of my wife and child. So we can respectfully disagree.

I'm not sure what state they filmed in. I'm assuming FL and I don't know FL law, but I don't know that their lawsuit would hold up in court. Anyway if it did, this guy spends $100k a year on cheer.... How much could they sue him far??? I'd fight it before I'd allow this station to take advantage of my wife and child. So we can respectfully disagree.
to each his own, I suppose. Have a good night.

i dont find anything she said wrong ! i think it showed amanda as the amazing kid she is . Her amazing sportsmanship and debbie always defending her daughter . yes the fighting was staged but it showed if anyone was to try and hurt her child she would in every way defend her child
what did she have to defend her from in the show...i must of missed it.

The only issue I have in all of this is that if this was just a random mom on a show, everyone would be ripping her apart...but since it is "Gabie Butler's mom" all of a sudden reality tv is scripted, it wasnt her fault...ect ect. Maybe I should link to the Cheer Perfection thread where everyone literally ripped Cheer Time and Alicia a new one for almost the same stuff I saw last night. I'm sorry but she came across crazy. Regardless of the reasons the words she said came out of her mouth, they didn't dub them in with someone else.
I just see a lot of blaring hypocrisy right now....

The only issue I have in all of this is that if this was just a random mom on a show, everyone would be ripping her apart...but since it is "Gabie Butler's mom" all of a sudden reality tv is scripted, it wasnt her fault...ect ect. Maybe I should link to the Cheer Perfection thread where everyone literally ripped Cheer Time and Alicia a new one for almost the same stuff I saw last night. I'm sorry but she came across crazy. Regardless of the reasons the words she said came out of her mouth, they didn't dub them in with someone else.
I just see a lot of blaring hypocrisy right now....

That's exactly what Cheer_Explosion_Coach was trying to say. Yes he may have come across a little rude but he didn't know who Debbie Butler was just like some of you don't know Alicia from Cheer Perfection. If this was just some random mom that no one had ever heard of I'm sure none of you would have a problem criticizing her parenting.

And honestly I don't judge someone's parenting based on a tv show. I understand editing can be a b word but I did have to point out how if random Suzy mom did any of that it would be like vultures on a carcass around here...

Exactly... and I'm pretty sure no one from CTR or Alicia's husband are on the boards to stick up for her actions on the show. And no I'm not saying she's perfect either but everyone was pretty rough (and still are) when referring to Cheer Perfection.

what did she have to defend her from in the show...i must of missed it.

Except for the posts by Cheer Explosion Coach I haven't seen anything from anybody she needed to defend herself from despite werkwerk06's protestations to the contrary. It's like they aren't reading the same things the rest of us are. Kinda odd actually....but maybe that's just me.

To clarify, when I said that producers can cut and paste footage I didn't mean that they can just create words coming out of your mouth. I meant that they can take a clip of someone saying something vague and spin it different ways to fit their dramatic needs. Like if someone's talking about their stamp collection and you say "I don't give a crap. Go bother someone else." they can take that snippet and play it after a clip of your mom telling you how much she loves you or a hungry puppy begging you for food and suddenly you look like a heartless b****. In some reality shows you don't see the conversation escalate or unfold naturally. Character A could have said something to offend character B but all you see is the edited clip of character B using some colorful language against character A and not the hurtful things that upset them. Maybe it's the media studies major in me but unless it's shot as a continuous take, I assume it's just crafted drama.
My problem with Cheer Perfection isn't the catty, pointless chatter from Suzy's mom since I know it's most likely taken out of context, it's with Youth Silver, a level 2 team, being called "elite" and outsiders thinking that a backhandspring is the hardest tumbling there is and a prep is an elite stunt. After the pilot aired, I actually had to inform people who were saying "I can do that, why don't I have a show?" or "cheerleading is so easy, you just have to do a backflip and hold a tiny child up." that there were three more levels above that.
Sorry for the long post, I'm avoiding studying for finals.

After reading this whole thread i would really like to see the show - can't imagine that the athletes and mom's are shown in such a bad light that some people are judging their parenting.

But i guess there's no online version of the show because it was not posted yet.
:-(

"it's not my day to watch her."

As a sassy gay man I am giving this snark remark my
ysysyjud.jpg

:D :D

Back