All-Star Extreme Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe you should sue them then if it's as bad as you say. Just because you sign a contract, doesn't mean they have the right to do anything they want.

Part of me wants to empathize with you if this much lying was really going on. But the cynical side of me wants to say reality tv wasn't invented yesterday. It's no secret what they want and how they go about it.

The only reason I would disagree with this is that there have been reality tv shows that are actually reputable. CMT's Cheer is one of them. The show about Dunbar High School a few years back. So who's to know when you're contacted about a show, whether they'll actually be legit or not. We had a girl interviewing some of us at our gym last summer. She said she wanted it to be a lot like the Dunbar thing and wanted to follow Obsession and their season. I was excited! All for it! She interviewed me and my girls, Debbie Love, and multiple other athletes and coaches and parents. It wasn't long before we realized she was trying to get us to be negative about each other. She asked one of our other coaches if it bothered her that Debbie Love came in and "took" her privates away. She asked her if she thought it was really odd that my family moved to OK just for cheer and that I was a parent AND a coach at the same gym...She asked me if my CP was jealous of the Love's and their cheerlebrity status. Needless to say, we all caught on pretty quick and she somehow lost interest, lol. Anyhow, I can see how someone could mistakenly get caught up in what they perceive to be legit and it end up being awful.

Hahahahaha... that's the funniest part about this whole thing. She's not cheering this year. She's been doing some power tumbling and isn't sure what she wants to do. She's always enjoyed cheer but recently has had some thoughts about doing dance or something else, so she decided to take the year off. Of course, my wife, the crazy cheer mom from hell, has been flogging her every day and locking her inside a closet until she changes her mind (I'm joking of course, in case the intent of my joke wasn't understood).
Knowing you John, I am peeing in my pants laughing!

Maybe you should sue them then if it's as bad as you say. Just because you sign a contract, doesn't mean they have the right to do anything they want.

Part of me wants to empathize with you if this much lying was really going on. But the cynical side of me wants to say reality tv wasn't invented yesterday. It's no secret what they want and how they go about it.
Agreed. We knew very well the possibilities with TV. Let's be honest though, there are some programs on that are "reality TV" that are actually good hearted programs that don't follow the "drama" approach. We talked for two months with the producers about the intent of the show before we agreed to finally sign the contract. It was only after we signed that the direction of the show completely changed. There were actually 2 other top gun parents that were supposed to be part of the original show.

As far as suing... yes, it's an option. However, I'm not one of the types that like the choice of suing over something like this. We made the choice and took the risk. We have to take the responsibility for the outcome. Some have said we should have walked away, despite the threats of lawsuits. That she should have just gotten into her car and drove off. She tried, the producers were like handlers, every time she would get fed up, they would reel her back in.

If you watch the program, the disgusted look on her face on the last day during the "competition" was a result of her being disgusted with the show, not in our daughter. She was soooooo ready to get out of there. She BLASTED the producers in the on camera exit interview for how disgusted she was with how the show had been done. She was enraged when she did the interview, and guess what, almost all of the clips they used where she was cursing about something, were taken from that interview and were completely out of context.

As I've stated before, I'm not looking for anyone to give us a pass. Every person on this board has a right to feel any way they want. My wife is an amazing person. In life, we make decisions that sometimes turn out to be bad ones. We are not exempt. Live and learn. Those that choose to make their own decisions by getting to know our real family will know the truth.

Lastly, I want to say thank you to all of those who have come to Debbie's defense. We truly appreciate your support and love all of you for it. When friends are willing to publicly stand by your side, despite knowing they may take some heat for their support... that is when you know you have some amazing friends!

tbh this looks pretty awful
She has 3 Daughters, I think 100k is on the low end for how much she has spent on cheer. The gas to and from Top Gun from where she lives is a lot. Traveling to Dallas is a lot. Hotels, etc.....

On another note, I don't blames Debbie for homeschooling her kids. The school system in Florida sucks! I just don't have enough guts to do it myself.

She has 3 Daughters, I think 100k is on the low end for how much she has spent on cheer. The gas to and from Top Gun from where she lives is a lot. Traveling to Dallas is a lot. Hotels, etc.....

On another note, I don't blames Debbie for homeschooling her kids. The school system in Florida sucks! I just don't have enough guts to do it myself.
I feel like taking the responsibility to homeschool is so much and should be commended. I would feel so much pressure to make sure I was covering it all. I agree with the 100k comment, when you look at 3 kids , along with tuition, gas, food, comp fees, travel, private lessons ...I could easily see that happening.

Oh i didn't really mean those things, just the few scenes they showed of her yelling at her daughter... i am one of the few people who don't really know anything about the family and i am honestly also not that interested in their private life...
I am just saying that from what you can see in these few scenes , as an outsider the whole thing appears to be really awful

As far as suing... yes, it's an option. However, I'm not one of the types that like the choice of suing over something like this. We made the choice and took the risk. We have to take the responsibility for the outcome. Some have said we should have walked away, despite the threats of lawsuits. That she should have just gotten into her car and drove off. She tried, the producers were like handlers, every time she would get fed up, they would reel her back in.
As they say hindsight is 20/20. I suppose maybe a better approach, would have been a threat to counter-sue, during the filming stage. I don't have a personal opinion of your wife one way or the other. I was more caught up with personal acquaintances claiming how well she was represented, which seemed to conflict with everything you've posted. The show itself I thought was silly, which you seem to agree with, so I appreciate your candor.

The only reason I would disagree with this is that there have been reality tv shows that are actually reputable. CMT's Cheer is one of them. The show about Dunbar High School a few years back.
I'll agree on those two shows. But I think anybody willing to gamble is still playing against the odds.

Back