All-Star Fab Five: Texas Cheerleader Scandal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 6, 2011
Has anyone seen this movie on lifetime before i'm watching it again and i don't know why...any thoughts on this movie? makes high school cheerleading look over dramatic in my opinion

I've seen it! We have a "fab 5" at our school. They aren't cheerleaders, but they are a complete joke and no one takes them seriously. They are probably the only real clique we have. It's based off a true story, all of this did happen, but it was just off of circumstance. The head cheerleaders mom just happened to hold a high position in the school. I honestly think it could be anyone.

true i agree..i know its based of a true story and yes it could be anyone, but i just always hate movies like this because people think all cheerleading squads are like this.

I saw it in college, my boyfriend and I got sucked into it with my roommate. It was a Friday night and we had plans to go out and somehow ended up glued to the couch watching Lifetime. :oops:

ive seen it several times. it was ok.
i remember when it came out on the news several years ago, i had just started in a new team and just hoped my new team wouldnt have a fab 5.:)

of course this movie has a happy end.

I remember reading this in Seventeen and honestly it was less of a cheer thing and more of an out of control kids thing.What I liked about the movie was just that. Then being cheerleaders weren't the main reason why they did what they did, in fact it was an obstacle. The fact that there is a coach who is doing the right thing in this movie makes it tolerable and actually realistic. I hate when shows and movies leave out a coach.

I think that its more about dumb overly dramatic teenage girls and less about cheerleading. Cheerleading is just something that they happened to be involved in. They could have been in the chess club and it would have still been the same story.

I LOVE that movie, mainly because Ashley Benson from PLL is the main mean girl. I remember when the actual events happened too.. it was right when I was getting interested in starting cheerleading.. and it was weird to see the reports on the news.. and then girls in my middle school that were cheerleaders made a 'Fab 5'... yikes.

Ashley Benson is amazing, which is why I absolutely loved this movie.
Some of the cheerleaders are nice girls, as you can see in the movie. The main theme is how the mom bailed them out instead of giving them the punishment they deserve.
So, no, I don't think was cheesy or making cheer look bad, I think it was a very interesting story.

This basically happened to me my Senior Year. Not the same exact thing, but crazy girls on the team thinking they owned the place, got our coach fired(Fall Season), tried to get the next coach fired(Basketball Season), got kicked off and came to competition and basically sabotaged our team. Their t-shirts for the fall season they had "Fab 5" for their nicknames :confused:. It was horrible. Crazy to think that events like this actually happen!

Love this movie!!!! But its just sad that when a movie about cheer is made, it's always the bad side. But Ashley Benson does a great job in it!!

I saw it in college, my boyfriend and I got sucked into it with my roommate. It was a Friday night and we had plans to go out and somehow ended up glued to the couch watching Lifetime. :oops:

So glad I'm not the only one that does this haha I couldn't even begin to count the number of Saturday nights my roommate and I got dressed up/ready to go out, but ended up watching an awful Lifetime movie instead.

LOL a while back a bunch of us from the boards added the main mean girl on facebook because our friend from Georgia AS used to cheer with her at Pro Spirit.... I still creep her from time to time....
creeping is really fun. especially when the person your creeping on may or may not of been your high school crush that is not living with his mother.
:rolleyes:

Back