Facebook - Do You Use It For Your Business

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it's hard to tell if it's working. But I will say I won't give a second glance at a gym that doesn't have a strong online presence. When I was looking for a gym for my kids I looked up gyms and then checked out their Facebook pages. Same with dance schools. The fact is that's just where most people get their info nowadays - social media.

But that doesn't necessarily mean the business would know that - I don't walk in and say "Hey I was creepin all over your Facebook to see what kind of place this is..." I just check them out on my own and then go see them in person.

So I'd say as a business owner it's absolutely mandatory to use social media, but don't expect to necessarily see direct results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fierce Board mobile app

Social Media cant hurt as we live in a social media society. There is a sayin about advertising, cant remember verbatim but the gist is " you never know what advertising source works" or something like that. I work for a family owned business and they didn't use facebook or have an internet presence prior to me working here but they do know :)

If I was looking for a gym, all other things being equal, I would likely choose the one that I felt I got to "know" better before visiting. I would want to see pics of comps, practices, candids, info, positive quotes and all that.
I feel like social media is almost a necessity in business now, if for no other reason than name familiarity.

Hi..Facebook has worked great for my bow business....Instagram does not really help much because I feel that is more generated towards the kids and teen age girls and they seem to be more into just liking the pictures...

Hi..Facebook has worked great for my bow business....Instagram does not really help much because I feel that is more generated towards the kids and teen age girls and they seem to be more into just liking the pictures...
OMG HI! i buy ALL my basic bows from you, you sold me my FIRST bow and made the one im wearing in my avatar *fangirls* but i had to say something sorry for partially hijacking this thread :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Facebook is without a doubt essential for my voiceover business. In fact I'm not sure I'd be in business at this point if it wasn't for the network that facebook gave me access to. I don't see it losing any importance in my field any time soon.

For gyms I can see it being one of those things where you may not see direct results because of your facebook presence alone, but it's absolutely necessary because, as has been mentioned already, people want to get to know your organization as best they can before a visit and certainly before signing up.

Facebook and other social media outlets certainly help the business but they also add more work. Now I feel like I need to update the website, FB, Twitter, Google Calendar, YouTube...

We use instagram, facebook and youtube and we also have a website - i only use facebook to keep in contact with the athletes and there parents!

A general facebook 'fan' page works just fine. Also a clean, well-updated website. Simple, straightforward, and easy to read. Pictures of the facility/teams/competitions, teams offered, programs, classes. Those two in particular will be fantastic. Just update once a week to start, and then as needed. You don't need to go crazy on costs/tools (especially if you're a new program), but as you go add more. It's better to have a few specific areas well-covered than a bunch of options you don't update very often.

When I was looking at programs, first thing I did is google. If you want to see how social media impacts business, during tryouts have a section on your form that asks 'How did you hear about us?' Or a 'have you seen our facebook?' I guarantee there will be people who have looked you up. If you don't want to create a separate youtube account, have people who post videos link/share it with your facebook page.

Facebook was key when starting my business but now Facebook wants you to pay to reach a broader audience so I still use it but I use instagram, twitter and tumblr also.

We are in our first year, and the first thing we did was create a Facebook page. I think it's essential to have something out on the internet for when people search for your program. We also started using Twitter recently. They're free and if it helps get our name out there (even a little bit more) then it's worth a little time. That being said, we plan on setting up a website soon. I think it just gives you a different internet presence when you have your own site in addition to the other social media outlets.

Back