All-Star Fake Cheerleaders

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do you like/not like "fake cheerleaders" (ones like me)

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Don't like

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters
Jan 5, 2011
So, my mom thinks that I'm a "Fake Cheerleader" as in, I'm not interrested in discussions about competitions that I didn't attend (I think this makes me selfish but...). My mom is very into the whole uniform aspect of the cheer world while cheerleading is definatly more my sport than anything. I'm still more interested in music and my friends than cheer. But that doesn't mean cheering doesn't rule my life. It's a major part of me. So what do you think? Does this make me a fake cheerleader? And if you know "fake cheerleaders" what is your stand on them? Do you like or not like them?

***note this is not the same as the girls who don't do this sport for the sport aspect...they just do it so they can say they are a cheerleader.

I can see where both of you are coming from.. We all know how much cheerleading consumes our lives and everyone feels differently about the sport. You could absolutley love cheerleading but just not really care all that much about anything other than your team, your gym, and your competitions. Which is COMPLETELY fine! Others love to dive into the culture of cheerleading itself and wants to know every single aspect of the sport. Which is also fine. It really just depends on your outlook of the sport and I just think you and your mom have different views of cheerleading. It doesn't make you "fake" neccesarily. As long as you put forth a good amount of time and energy into practices and your team and don't blow them off then I personally would not look at you as a "fake cheerleader".

I’m the parent of a CP and I love the sport, watching other teams and following other gyms. I know a lot of parents who love watching their child’s team, appreciate what they do and their routine but have no interest in what else is going on in the cheer world. I don’t think that make them a fake supporter of cheerleading or even less of a fan than me, they just get something different out of the sport than I do. If you love what you do I would never say you are a fake cheerleader. All-star cheerleading is a huge investment of time and money and I think it’s great that you have each found something through the sport that makes you happy.

Sometimes moms seem more into it than the kids because we only get to watch. My daughter comes home from practice and I want to hear all about it. She doesn't want to talk about it all the time because she's TIRED. She just lived cheerleading for 3 hours. I either watched or stayed home. So I understand where she's coming from. But I always say - I pay for it and drive for it - so throw me a crumb and tell me something fun. I think all of you girls and guys practicing and competiting are REAL ATHLETES.

I’m the parent of a CP and I love the sport, watching other teams and following other gyms. I know a lot of parents who love watching their child’s team, appreciate what they do and their routine but have no interest in what else is going on in the cheer world. I don’t think that make them a fake supporter of cheerleading or even less of a fan than me, they just get something different out of the sport than I do. If you love what you do I would never say you are a fake cheerleader. All-star cheerleading is a huge investment of time and money and I think it’s great that you have each found something through the sport that makes you happy.

I so agree with everything you said. The longer we do this the more I realize that parents and cheerleaders alike participate on so many different levels. I am however still amazed by the parents who have spent years in All Stars who don't know anymore than the first day they walked into the gym. You would think they would have picked up a little info along the way.
confused.png

My cp is much like THELadyviking. she loves her teams. Loves traveling and competing and loves going to practice. But that's where it ends. She LOVES the sport, but doesn't like to talk about it 24/7 or go on fierceboard and read the latest. She doesn't like to go on youtube and look at teams (unless it's her own or unless she just happens to be sitting next to me while I am) but i know she's no fake cheerleader. she just sees what's "inside the fishbowl" so she's not so much worried about the "ocean" i on the other hand... I haven't been "in the fishbowl" for 14 years. So i'm very used to "ocean". One day, she'll want to journey out. But for now, she's just having fun.

To me the definition of a 'fake' Cheerleader is the one who's in it for the Uniform!! the 'Show' parts of Cheerleading not the hard yards to win you first place, it just the fact they think its an easy sport so they join thinking we train ten minutes a week to dance a bit put on a costume and look hot to hook up with guys!! to me that's what a fake cheerleader is...

Latest posts

Back