All-Star Fake Cheerleaders

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do you like/not like "fake cheerleaders" (ones like me)

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Don't like

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters
So, my mom thinks that I'm a "Fake Cheerleader" as in, I'm not interrested in discussions about competitions that I didn't attend (I think this makes me selfish but...). My mom is very into the whole uniform aspect of the cheer world while cheerleading is definatly more my sport than anything. I'm still more interested in music and my friends than cheer. But that doesn't mean cheering doesn't rule my life. It's a major part of me. So what do you think? Does this make me a fake cheerleader? And if you know "fake cheerleaders" what is your stand on them? Do you like or not like them?
I think you sound like a totally real cheerleader. Everyone has different levels of commitment to being 'crazed' about something. If you go into practice, do your job, compete and enjoy yourself, I could care a less if you know the gossip of the industry. I actually applaud you for it.

is she your daughter?

She is! She wrote that a year ago though and i think she's slowly getting sucked in. :D But she hasn't been on Fierceboard anymore. She leaves that to me, the crazy one. She still doesn't care about comps she doesn't go to, but now at least before comp she does care who she's up against. She's on 2 teams now so she has no choice but to be cheer obsessed - since she's there 5 days a week now. :p I had totally forgotten about this thread until today.

My cp is much like THELadyviking. she loves her teams. Loves traveling and competing and loves going to practice. But that's where it ends. She LOVES the sport, but doesn't like to talk about it 24/7 or go on fierceboard and read the latest. She doesn't like to go on youtube and look at teams (unless it's her own or unless she just happens to be sitting next to me while I am) but i know she's no fake cheerleader. she just sees what's "inside the fishbowl" so she's not so much worried about the "ocean" i on the other hand... I haven't been "in the fishbowl" for 14 years. So i'm very used to "ocean". One day, she'll want to journey out. But for now, she's just having fun.

Sounds like my CP and me as well! We just have different personalities when it comes to stuff. She is her own little person and does not obsess much over anything. She LOVES the skills that she has learned, her team and her friends and others at the gym. She pushes herself hard when she's at practice and even harder out on the competition floor. But that's where she leaves it - at the gym. My personality is different. When something is part of my life I want to know and understand all aspects of it. I gotta know who is who, the back and forth and the in and out.

She is! She wrote that a year ago though and i think she's slowly getting sucked in. :D But she hasn't been on Fierceboard anymore. She leaves that to me, the crazy one. She still doesn't care about comps she doesn't go to, but now at least before comp she does care who she's up against. She's on 2 teams now so she has no choice but to be cheer obsessed - since she's there 5 days a week now. :p I had totally forgotten about this thread until today.

I think I posted above before ever having any contact with you....and, shazaam! I was still right!

:D

Love getting shimmys on posts that are a year old!

Ha when I opened this thread I didn't even notice it was a year old. Then looking when she said "she wrote that a year ago" I was really confused... IDK why it is so hard for me to remember it's 2012 now?

As long as you're committed to cheerleading I don't think you're "fake". It doesn't have to be your #1 thing in life, but if you signed up/tried out then you should take it seriously and actually try! :)
I would only think of "fake cheerleaders" as those girls that just cheer to wear the skirt.

Haha my mom and I are the exact opposite... I'm constantly talking about cheer and the cheer world, and she has no idea what I'm talking about.. I'm teaching her though. Maybe one day she will learn :)

there's nothing wrong with not being addicted to these boards. It doesn't make you "real" to know everyone's business. What makes you real is what you do at practice n at competition. And when it's not cheer time, yeah go be a kid listening to music n hangin with friends!

Haha my mom and I are the exact opposite... I'm constantly talking about cheer and the cheer world, and she has no idea what I'm talking about.. I'm teaching her though. Maybe one day she will learn :)
lol i know the feeling except i just get crazy eyes from my mommma when i start rambling about cheer

Latest posts

Back