All-Star Fakers.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I appreciate your perspective as a judge. From my view in the stands I do see more and more faking, especially in stunting. I see the fakes placed in such a way as to make us believe the skills were taken out in warmups. In reality they are already choreographed that way. There is something in the way a fake tick tock and or full up etc tends to look when it's pulled out in warmups. The flyer can look wobbly and unsure, even with the stunt watered down. Why? Because their confidence is possibly shaken from warmups. In stark contrast choreographed fake stunts are usually very solid with a clear confidence by the flyer. Why? because it was practiced that way. That's why we're fooled. I am not suggesting it is never caught and penalized. I just feel it may put judges in a position to have to give the benefit of the doubt because they may not really be sure.
IF you took out either of the tick tocks I do in my routine, i guarantee you they would be more confident in the air and wouldnt budge at all. The only difficulty would be the flyer putting in the wrong foot.

I feel like the only people complaining about "fakers" are teams getting beat by them. Call me a faker all you want, I call it smart. And again, I am dead against video review!!

I completely disagree! My team has won every competition so far this season (minus one, we got 2nd cuz of a deduction) we won 4 nationals. and I'm the one who started this thread so obviously your statement is not true. It just annoys me not cuz we loose cuz it looks Bad

Derfinitely agree that faking is totally not cool but if the person desrves to be on that level for instance, is an amazing base or a great addition to the higher level team then they deserve to be there. Two whole rows in the back of innadequate skills is definitely not cool. IMO.

I also don't consider 1 or 2 people an issue. but i think on some teams it makes you wonder why they didnt go a lower level or a smaller size.

Derfinitely agree that faking is totally not cool but if the person desrves to be on that level for instance, is an amazing base or a great addition to the higher level team then they deserve to be there. Two whole rows in the back of innadequate skills is definitely not cool. IMO.

I would agree with you on that. However, that said, there is a very highly acclaimed team that does very well in competitions and does in fact fake most of their back two rows. They do it amazingly well. Seriously you can barely see it from the front, but I had the opportunity to be sitting on the side at one competition and it looked very very different. They have amazing choreography that hides the fakes and those doing the faking are great at it!

i think its just a part of the sport. yes you are judged on your skills (stunts, jumps, tumbling, etc) but your also judged on your choreography and if you have good ghoreography and can hide the week links of the squad i say all the power to you! not every kid on that quad can jump, tumble, fly, and be amazing at everything involved on the mat. everyone is allowed their weak spot and the team adjusts for each indivual (sp?). IMO.

I completely disagree! My team has won every competition so far this season (minus one, we got 2nd cuz of a deduction) we won 4 nationals. and I'm the one who started this thread so obviously your statement is not true. It just annoys me not cuz we loose cuz it looks Bad
Well my intentions were not to insult you so if you took it that way I am sorry. I am also annoyed when I watch a team "fake" two rows but I feel that they aren't "faking" anyone. That is I guess more my point. 1 or 2 "strategically" placed seems smart is my only point. Congrats to you and on a successful season.

Do you realize that what you're saying sounds like "it's not really about our skill or athletic capabilities with regards to the integrity of the sport, just so long as I win bc I fooled you into thinking I did"?

You can't win a track race by pretending to run faster, ya know what I mean?
That was not my point, my point is that a TEAM is sometimes comprised of those that are stronger stunters than tumblers and visa versa. My point is that NO I don't agree with an entire row or section of your routine be "faked" but sometimes its the SMART decision for your team. And yes it happens and happens at EVERY level, and I don't see it as negative, if its abused I don't think the team will get away with it if it happens that the "overall" look is accomplished then my hat is off to you. I feel that if ANOTHER team does more skills and performs them better then they will typically be rewarded more than those that don't.

Well my intentions were not to insult you so if you took it that way I am sorry. I am also annoyed when I watch a team "fake" two rows but I feel that they aren't "faking" anyone. That is I guess more my point. 1 or 2 "strategically" placed seems smart is my only point. Congrats to you and on a successful season.

No you did not offend me! And I agree 1 person added in for formation purposes. But if you have two or three rows faking it on a team of 20 then maybe consider going down a level.

I consider faking when ppl do tuck jumps, or standing tucks when there in the front and clearly supposed to be doing standing fulls.
i agree kind of... but at the same time, i think most of the time it wasn't intended to be faked. it was choreographed a standing full, it becomes inconsistent, and they play it safe for a competition and just do a standing tuck instead of redoing a whole opening

i agree kind of... but at the same time, i think most of the time it wasn't intended to be faked. it was choreographed a standing full, it becomes inconsistent, and they play it safe for a competition and just do a standing tuck instead of redoing a whole opening

Yes, but a lot of teams end up doing it all year.then it's not incosistent, it's faking

Back