Favorite Conditioning Exercises?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 1, 2015
Cheerleaders: What are your favorite conditioning exercises?
Coaches: What sort of conditioning routines do you put your cheerleaders through?

Thanks in advance!

I'm on an Allstar level 4 team, and I enjoy back handspring races and Snakes! With back handspring races, your athletes pick a partner and they race back handsprings across the mat and see who gets to the end of the may first. (Typically repeat until every athlete has done 5-10 sets

Typically snakes are a running excersize down a field where you go down and back making a snake shape. The way we do it, (since we are a level 4 team) we take our basic running skill (a running bhs layout) and do snakes with it. We go down a line on the mat, walk across the panel, then back down the other line, cross the panel, back up the next line.. (Etc..) typically repeat until every athlete has gone down the entire mat 3 times.

Hope this helped!
Cheers! *\O/*

Tuck circle races were fun. Coach would turn on our routine mix and we'd ripple tucks in a circle and try to get 10 "laps" done before the music stopped.

We would also find someone roughly our size and take turns running laps, squatting, etc. with them on our backs. It was challenging but there were a lot of laughs.

I'm on an Allstar level 4 team, and I enjoy back handspring races and Snakes! With back handspring races, your athletes pick a partner and they race back handsprings across the mat and see who gets to the end of the may first. (Typically repeat until every athlete has done 5-10 sets

Typically snakes are a running excersize down a field where you go down and back making a snake shape. The way we do it, (since we are a level 4 team) we take our basic running skill (a running bhs layout) and do snakes with it. We go down a line on the mat, walk across the panel, then back down the other line, cross the panel, back up the next line.. (Etc..) typically repeat until every athlete has gone down the entire mat 3 times.

Hope this helped!
Cheers! *\O/*

Awesome! Thanks!

Tuck circle races were fun. Coach would turn on our routine mix and we'd ripple tucks in a circle and try to get 10 "laps" done before the music stopped.

We would also find someone roughly our size and take turns running laps, squatting, etc. with them on our backs. It was challenging but there were a lot of laughs.

Thank you! Creative/fun ideas!

I'm kind of boring, I really like an work outs, I don't even have abs. But I feel like they work me but aren't unbearable,

I like using this work out for conditioning for abs:

We usually choose about one practice per week to end a few minutes early to do that workout or other conditioning in stations and during the nicer weather (not cold or rainy) we may go together on the weekend (in the morning) to run/walk the reservoir to keep everyone in shape (usually done by captains or just if some girls want to go together).

I love to do stunt group conditioning. We will have the flyers lay on the floor in hollow body position, and the bases and back spots will take turns doing squats as they lift her up to assure that she can hold the body position. We also do "prep squats". The stunt group puts up a prep and does 20-25 squats. Flyer conditioning involves standing on a "wobble cushion" on one foot while an 8pound medicine ball is tossed to them. We try to incorporate conditioning that mimics actual cheer skills. :).

Back