All-Star Favorite Gym Equipment?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 26, 2011
What are everyone's "Must Haves" at their gym? Obviously excluding the obvious like mats, mirrors and tumble track.

I mean... like... the floor and my coaches? XD haha.
I hate working on the tumbl trak and I dont use actual mats often. I really like springboards to work on standing tucks and standing fulls, but out gym does not have one. I also like to work off of the tumbl trak into a foam pit, but we do not have on of those either. :/

I feel like some gym must haves would be:
-wedge mat, so much you can so with these
-panel mats, again so much you can do with these
-air track (I think that's what they are called)

Personally, all I really need is a floor and someone to spot me. I am not a fan of the tumble track, only use it if I have too. And I don't really like those air tracks either, but if I had to then I would use them. I'm just like really weird, I don't like doing my tumbling on anything bouncy, other than the trampoline, it just freaks me out.

Does anyone have tips on where to buy inexpensive gym equipment for a small gym in Canada??

I feel like some gym must haves would be:
-wedge mat, so much you can so with these
-panel mats, again so much you can do with these
-air track (I think that's what they are called)

Personally, all I really need is a floor and someone to spot me. I am not a fan of the tumble track, only use it if I have too. And I don't really like those air tracks either, but if I had to then I would use them. I'm just like really weird, I don't like doing my tumbling on anything bouncy, other than the trampoline, it just freaks me out.

i'm the exact same way! some people love working on tumble tracks or trampolines but i don't at all.. i can get spotted on one if my coach asks me to do something on it but i really really don't like them. i feel like i have too much power & not enough control if that makes sense haha i freak out.

Up to level 2 all I need is two short panel mats, one full size one, a floor, a bar you can hang from and a cheese mat. I can do dozens of drills with this equipment (but I normally stick to the basic structure of a handstand station, a roff station, conditioning station, and a spotting station/uphill tumbling station) for level 3 and 4, the same equipment but add a tumble track and/or airmat/rod floor (don't have one yet but we will be getting 3 rod floors soon, so far now an airmat) for fulls and up, add a pit (both foam and resimat) and a crash mat or three and that's all I ever really use. Soon we will have a tumble tramp going into a foam put which will be amazing for teaching those spinning skills. (We will also have a rod going into the loose foam, along with two floors going into both loose foam and a 16 by 16 resipit that is level with the floor. )
It's going to be a dream to coach in :)

I'm terrified of tumble tracks. And I feel like panel and cheese mats don't do much for me. I like trampolines because I can do stuff on my own. All I really need is a rod floor or spring floor and a spotter and I'm good to go!

All I need at practice is a spring floor, and since I'm a flyer i use the wobble boards a lot. When I used to do gymnastics I'd always rely on the tumble track and would find it so hard to transition to the floor, so now I won't allow myself to tumble on one or else I know that I'll probably start to rely on it again.

The gym i work at now had a vending machine, which is INCREDIBLY convenient since I'm stuck there all day. I just wish they had more healthy choices in them

also the new gym I'm working at doesn't have a wedge mat which has become completely frustrating, and our tumble track is only like 10 feet long :banghead:

Back