All-Star Feedback On Video At Competions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok... so here's an idea we are thinking of implementing. (along with still having DVD of course :) ) In the week following a competition all routines would be uploaded online in HD for viewing and downloading at $4.99 each. You could download it to a laptop or USB drive. So if a competition is on a Sunday, is Thursday or Friday of that week too late?

Also, what online video or ".tv" sites for viewing cheer do you favor? Is there a site that is the most user friendly for navigating through and/or finding the routines you want to watch?

Thanks!
Dart fish is the best, being up within minutes is fantastic

This is what I kept thinking about with people wanting USB/Download copies. What will stop one person from buying and posting to youtube so no one else has to buy a copy? It puts SEVideo back to square one of this thread
Piracy has been and will always be around. I think the suggestions of watermarking an online version would be beneficial at least so they have some type of recourse should they file claims of copyright infringement. I'm sure they don't have legions of staff like Varsity scouring video sites, but at least on the occasion it comes up they can enforce it.

I would still hope that any video that is purchased would be available without the watermark. And again, the issue of people intentionally redistributing has always been around, and you just have to rely on some form of moral code by the end user. But with that said, I'd like to see some flexibility in that. IMO if I purchase a service or good, I feel like I should be able to do with it as I please. If I post it on FB or a personal YT page, so I can share with friends or family what my child does, then let me be.

Back