OT Finding A Job In Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 29, 2010
Hey everyone! So I will be graduating with my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology this May. While everyone tells me that I need to go to grad school to find a job, I am not interested in that. Instead, I would rather find a job in the non-profit sector, marketing/sales (that was my internship), or some sort of PR position.

Regardless though, those are just areas that I am mostly qualified to apply for, but what I really want to do is work in cheerleading. I have had so much trouble committing to a job because nothing has seemed to be a "right fit" yet. I realize that my first job out of college won't be my dream job- I don't expect it to. But I am wondering if anyone knows of any jobs for entry-level people with Jamfest, Varsity, The Cheerleader Magazine, Worlds, anything! I have looked around but it is tough to find a an open cheerleading position. I would love to be a judge/coach someday, but I figure I have to crawl before I can walk. So to try to sum up this rambling post, does anyone know what kind of job I would have to get started with to eventually reach these goals? What other companies am I forgetting about that I could apply with, and how does someone become a judge? I feel a little lost and overwhelmed here and know you friends are the perfect people to help me! Thanks so much! :help:

Nfinity is apparently a great company to work for and if you write, the Inside Cheerleading magazine staff is awesome!!

I'm graduating in the Spring of 2013 with a degree in PR and a minor in Sports Management, and I'm in the some boat as you. I would love to hear some responses.

I'm graduating in the Spring of 2013 with a degree in PR and a minor in Sports Management, and I'm in the some boat as you. I would love to hear some responses.

Let me know what kinds of jobs you find, or are looking at! I'm only a junior 2/senior 1 (i'm ahead in credits) this Fall and looking for my interships now. I'm a comm major on the emerging technology and multimedia track, with a concentration in PR. :)

Back