Finding The Perfect Sports Bra For Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 1, 2016
I am currently shopping for new sports bras to replace the ones I have that are getting worn out. I've been buying Joe Boxer an Jillian Michaels sports bras from Kmart since they're kinda cheap, hold up fairly well and give decent support. But I'd like to have some really good sports bras for competitions and stuff like that. What brands give you the best support and hold up the best?

You need to wait and see what type of sports bra you need with your uniform before you buy anything for competition. Also, gyms often have color requirements for what you wear with your practice wear, so I would wait.

You need to wait and see what type of sports bra you need with your uniform before you buy anything for competition. Also, gyms often have color requirements for what you wear with your practice wear, so I would wait.

I'll probably wait and see on the competition bras and underwear. Would it matter for practices and tumbling classes?

I'll probably wait and see on the competition bras and underwear. Would it matter for practices and tumbling classes?
Yes, it could matter for practice. My CP was only allowed to wear certain colors of sports bras under her practice wear. For tumbling class, it just depends on if it's back-to-back with your practice or if it's separate. For a separate class, I'd assume you could wear whatever color.

Yes, it could matter for practice. My CP was only allowed to wear certain colors of sports bras under her practice wear. For tumbling class, it just depends on if it's back-to-back with your practice or if it's separate. For a separate class, I'd assume you could wear whatever color.

I just read over my paperwork and the color of our bra does matter. They have to be black in color. They want us to wear the same for practices. However, we can wear whatever color for tumbling classes. For our mandatory ones, they didn't say anything about brand but prefer we wear Nike or Under Armour. Is this the usual practice?

We've never been told a specific brand because our shorts and tops for practice were provided. The color only mattered because it could show with the provided clothing. I've heard of gyms providing a practice top and specifying a brand and color of shorts, though.

I know that I'm super late, but I would like to add that even though they are not on the 'preferred brand list' Victorias Secret Sport or VS Pink do some incredible sports bras. They offer way more support for me than nike bras and i find that they are much more comfortable to wear. VS also sell a bunch of colours, and pretty much all of their sports bras come in black. They are also cheaper than nike (at least they are in england) especially when they are on sale. Hope this helps, even if i'm late!

The perfect bra is quickly becoming no bra, unfortunately.

I've been wondering about this. At the last comp I went to I saw many athletes not wearing bras. I could tell from the spectator section, which means that it was pretty obvious. I can't imagine that it is comfortable for the well endowed athletes, and it was actually a little distracting. I was hoping that there wouldn't be any wardrobe malfunctions, when the focus should have been on the routine.

Back