First Time Campers!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 24, 2018
Hello! I am taking a squad of 20 girls to an NCA camp at Lake Bryn Mawr in Honesdale, PA and this is our FIRST EVER overnight camp experience!! If anyone has any tips/pointers/insider secrets you would be willing to share I would be extremely grateful! TIA!!!

Hello! I am taking a squad of 20 girls to an NCA camp at Lake Bryn Mawr in Honesdale, PA and this is our FIRST EVER overnight camp experience!! If anyone has any tips/pointers/insider secrets you would be willing to share I would be extremely grateful! TIA!!!
Do a couple practices beforehand to get the team working together. Find where there is friction between team members and attempt to reduce it or avoid it. Nobody wants to deal with a breakdown at camp, but its bound to happen anyways. Just remind them and yourself that camp and the growth experienced during is part of the journey of the season, not the end result right now in summer.

Go learn at camp too, coaches can take away a lot from staff and other coaches in action. Be open to new styles and ways of doing things and you'll get a lot out of camp,

Back