First Year Of Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What position would I be in?

• Total voters
Jul 26, 2016
So I just started school cheer this year, and the whole cheer "camp" starts on August 1st to August 31st from 6-8pm (I think). But anyways, I had a meeting last night for it and it was about stunting positions and I know how it matters what you weigh and how tall you are for a position. I'm in 6th grade and I'm 5,0" and I weigh about 80lbs. I am also extremely skinny too; and I have 0 arm strength at all. My legs are okay. I tried to base but I couldn't life the flyer (I was main base). So I tried back spotting and I was pretty good, but I did not get to try flying because the 3rd and 4th grade team was at the meeting also, (A lot of the other cheerleaders were on vacation because it is the last week of July) so they HAD to fly because their camp starts earlier than the 5th and 6th grade team (My team, and by the way I am not on the competitive team!) The whole point of this is that what position do you think I would be in backspot or flyer?

Your lucky your school offers that, or is this really a community rec program like Pop Warner or AYC?

I don't think any of us can say what position you may end up. That will entirely be up to those coaching who can asses the team as a whole and figure out who will be where.

**j'applaudis avec mes cuisses de tonnerre**

Everything will depend on where the coach needs to you be to best help the team. There is much more to positioning than just height and size. Be open to being moved about and learning new things and you will be a stronger athlete overall and more of an asset to your team

It would be cool if you could message me the school/program you are at. I've never heard of 3d/4th grade competitive

It would be cool if you could message me the school/program you are at. I've never heard of 3d/4th grade competitive

I run a grades 3-6 elementary team at my school which competes. There were about 8 teams in the elementary divisions last season in my province.

I'm learning of some Canada programs. Where in the U.S.?

Really? I don't want to give up my school district (because I do shool cheer) but you can start in the first grade 1st but there's no competitive cheer until 3rd.

Sure, Pennsylvania. But that is all! My parents are very protective of our personal information.

Please do not feel obligated to divulge more info than you are comfortable with.

You are a rarity here being as articulate as you are for 11 years old and speaking of elementary school cheer which is not the norm for many areas. Both of which catch our attention as we've had many trolls enter the boards in similar fashion to just rile the masses.

**j'applaudis avec mes cuisses de tonnerre**

Back