Flexibility Spike/needle Help :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 25, 2012
I have my left inverted split and my right split is on the ground but not perfect. I really need my spike but when I try to pull it I can't, Its mostly back flexibility so I was wondering what are the best stretches to do for it.. and if I stretch everyday how long will it take for me to get it?

I have my left inverted split and my right split is on the ground but not perfect. I really need my spike but when I try to pull it I can't, Its mostly back flexibility so I was wondering what are the best stretches to do for it.. and if I stretch everyday how long will it take for me to get it?
you should do a bridge and try to walk your hands and feet closer to eachother and have someone stretch you like hug someones torso then leans and have the pull ur leg towards them breathe and relax til u feel stretch it really helped me

Look up Gabi Butler stretches on YouTube. She has a bunch of videos with different stretches to help with your needle/spike. My CP uses these.

From what I've heard/seen it can take 6 months to a year. The key is to keep working on it and not stopping until you reach your goal.

when i stretch my back i always use the doorway stretch, and do bridges walking my hands closer to my head. it also helps to walk up and down a wall with your hands, it is helpful to stretch your shoulders too!

Back